AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Locked out of my Google Dashboard Business listing. Need help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My Gmail account was hacked and then suddenly closed by Google. I used this account to manage my business listing and run AdWords. I used Google Dashboard daily, I need this for my business. How can I change ownership of the listing to my new email address and gain access? It does not appear Google is going to give me my old email address back. I'm just lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Stanworth Sign Company 3107 Lippizaner Lane, Walnut Creek, CA 94598 925-360-6016 https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stanworth+Signs/@37.910071,-122.0043297,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!... www.stanworthsign.com Thanks! Dennis Stanworth
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dennis S
May

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi dennis

Sorry to hear you have lost access to your gmail account.  You can request ownership of your google business listing following the steps here 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en-GB

This is assuming you have a new gmail in order to frequent ownership.

it will take approximately 7 days for the process of which your google business listing will nebe d to be reverified again by you.

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Simon,

I've done this.  The hacker changed the admin email for the old account so not sure how this works but I believe google will just send me an email to my address that I don't have access to requesting an ownership change.  I don't believe this will work.  My fault I guess.  Not sure. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

By requesting ownership again, the system will trigger an e-mail to the original busin as owner email address (presumably the one you got hacked to).  Within 7 days if there is no reply, the listing is reopen d to be reverified by anybody.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That could work. Fingers crossed.  Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an active adwords ad going.  I guess I will have to cancel my credit card payment since I don't have access to manage this.

You'd think Goolge would help me out here since I am paying them $350 a month.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dennis S
May

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good luck!! :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It worked.  Thanks!