AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Location has been closed but I don't have the login details to remove the listing. Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

We have an old swim location up that has been closed for a while. Ownership of the business has changed and I have since come on board and manage the Google locations. I don't have the login details for this centre and the ex-employee has been long gone. How do I request for Google to take this down?

Thanks!

Kimberly

Location has been closed but I don't have the login details to remove the listing. Help!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

There are a few options here. First of all, I would recommend that everyone owns a listing that their company owns/owned. It just makes it easier to have control over the information and from people marking it as "opened" when it's actually closed. You can do this, verify the listing, and then mark it as closed.

Your other option is to "suggest an edit" that the business as permanently closed. Technically speaking, I don't think a listing is ever "deleted" or taken down, but marking it as permanently closed starts to suppress the listing so people won't find it.