AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Local Community Centre needs to change "permanently closed" status and take control of Google+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My local community centre has been through a rough patch recently and is now being run by a new group of volunteers. As well as having many other issues to deal with, they're having a real headache with Google! Any help very gratefully received.

The Google listing (appears on main search page) is marked as "Permanently closed".  I and several other volunteers have tried to report it as "Open" for several months but the status has not changed. The phone number is also wrong - I don't understand where this information has come from.

communitycentre.jpg

There is a Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/100737731547424224750 also a Google My Business listing (I assume). However, this was set up by outgoing volunteers and it's not possible to retrieve any of the logins.

How does the Centre go about claiming back and taking control of their Google+ page and their My Business listing - which will hopefully address the Permanently closed issue? If this needs to be done by a re-verification postcard to the registered address that's fine, but I can't see how to trigger or request it!

As I said, the volunteers have a lot of work to do already so any help with this issue would be fantastic.