AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Listing hijacked by Beyond Menu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently I received multiple request for access to my Google My Business listing, which I rejected. Now I find that I am no longer the owner of the listing and that the website has been changed to a page that directs you to Beyond Menu.

Not only are my customers taken to the wrong place, but they are offering discounts that I have not authorized and an outdated menu with incorrect dishes and prices.

I have tried calling Google, only to be told that I have to request access to the page and then wait a week for the access to be granted, declined, or ignored. If either of the last two options are fulfilled, I have to wait for a postcard to be mailed to complete a transfer. This is probably what the people at Beyond Menu did to get ownership of the account. 

Not only is this a idiotic system to validate ownership, but I also cannot wait for this whole process to unfold. There has to be a quicker way?! 

1. Full business name : Galeotti's Pizzeria
2. Current business address : 3121 Jefferson Ave, Redwood City, CA  94062
3. Current telephone number : 650-780-9622
4. Google Maps URL : https://www.google.com/maps/place/Galeotti's+Pizzeria/@37.469678,-122.2486297,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!...
5. Website (if applicable) : http://galeottispizza.com/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob H
March

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The week is now over. No one replied to my ownership request, so I could have Google give me a new verification code.

A word for everyone else. I asked my employees if someone called a few weeks ago asking for a verification code from Google. As I expected Beyond Menu had timed the Google verification code call to when they could call my business and then claim that they needed the code. My employees, not knowing any better, gave it to them. That is how they claimed my business. 

Instruct your employees to NEVER give out verification codes to anyone!

Shame on Beyond Menu. I hope karma catches up with them. Google really needs to fix this system

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone help me?

I have contacted Beyond Menu and they are playing all sorts of games. They changed the website url back to my website for one day, but now it is back to the incorrect url. They claim they did not hijack the account, but then how did they change the url on the google listing? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob H
March

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The week is now over. No one replied to my ownership request, so I could have Google give me a new verification code.

A word for everyone else. I asked my employees if someone called a few weeks ago asking for a verification code from Google. As I expected Beyond Menu had timed the Google verification code call to when they could call my business and then claim that they needed the code. My employees, not knowing any better, gave it to them. That is how they claimed my business. 

Instruct your employees to NEVER give out verification codes to anyone!

Shame on Beyond Menu. I hope karma catches up with them. Google really needs to fix this system

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob

I got same issues as you.Can you tell me how to request ownership back.I wait for a week after request ownership,nothing happen!!!

thank you