AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Knowledge Panel displaying incorrect information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business:Grindrod Limited

Address:4th Floor, Grindrod Mews, 106 Margaret Mncadi Ave, Durban Central, Durban, 4001, South Africa

Tel +27 (0) 31 304 1451

https://goo.gl/maps/7wzDPmZ4g972

When Googling(https://www.google.com/search?q=grindrod+limited&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr...) grindrod limited the knowledge panel displays the wrong CEO and I can't figure out how to rectify this, as even on the website the information was updated months ago.

However, when viewing the business from the GMB locations panel it displays all the correct information.

Please can I get some assistance with rectifying this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Alison B

Is this issue still occurring or has your issue been resolved ? if the issue still occurring reply back so its known.

If your issue has been resolved please close off this thread by marking it as solved. 

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have no idea what this query is and I certainly didn't post it. Very confusing!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry @Alison B sometimes the forum tags the wrong person with the same name. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Phew! I thought I'd been hacked.

Re: Knowledge Panel displaying incorrect information.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

HI @Alison B

The information box you indicated in the search results is curated by programs and does sometimes get it wrong.This box is not from the Google My Business suite, and you cannot correct it yourself.  This also indicates there is an authoritative site out there on the web that also has incorrect info.  If you can find and correct that, it reduces the chance the programs will come back around again and change corrected info.

Getting this fixed is not always easy, so if you can point me to a place where I can provide Google with the correct information, I'll see if I can get someone to have a look at it.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog