AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Issue Transferring Primary Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are having issues transferring the primary ownership of a listing and are looking for some help. One of our clients has a listing that is linked to an email associated with their domain. Unfortunately, we do not have access to this account as we have tried resetting the password numerous times, but never receive the email to do so. Our digital marketing agency manages about 60 listings under one account and we were trying to move the primary ownership of this client listing to our main account with all of our other listings. Is there any way to transfer primary ownership of this listing if we do not have access to the account? If not, are there any other ways we can resolve this?

Thank you in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue Transferring Primary Ownership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bonafide H

Only primary owner can transfer primary ownership.

If the owner cannot remember password, then they will need to request ownership and follow that process. Once transferred they can then transfer.

PS:

I would strongly recommend that as an agency >> you are listed as Managers and NOT Owners. If you set up the listing for the client, you should transfer ownership to the client as soon as possible and retain as managers.

Reasons:

As a Primary owner, if 1 listing gets suspended, they all go down >> you insulate all listings by being a manager.

More importantly it in Google My Business Guidelines

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Issue Transferring Primary Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response! We got a verification code to get into the account and were then prompted to request a change to our Google Account email by entering a new email address. We tried to log into this new, temporary account but it was saying that this email does not exist in Google. I guess our biggest issue would be how do we get access to this account? We've tried all of the steps Google has given us and are a bit stuck because it won't let us into the email we changed it to. Would you have any insight on that?