Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Invitation emails are never received

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Since a couple of days I've tried to give owner (or admin) permission to specific Google accounts of two of our subsidiaries, but I fail, because apparently no mail will be sent.

Screenshots:

GMB Bug

GMB-Bug2

Spam folders and mail server logs are checked. I read all forum topics about GMB, Google+ pages, but I didn't find any solution, except the same report in thread Manager invite emails are never received (Helmut Geissler suggested to start a new thread).

For other Google accounts the invitation email has been sent correctly in the past. I don't know what's the difference between the not working invitated Google account now and the working invitated Google accounts in the past.

The account info of the owner and the designated admin I have previously shared to "@Helmut Geissler".

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MACO B
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@MACO B

here a short interim report:

as aggreed you sent me an invite to become manager of a certain business you are the owner of.

I now have to admit I never got the email (in none folder or tab of my GMail inbox)

and also not using the category "Updates"

Proof Searching for the plain business name of the listing I'm a desigend admin gives nothings (except a private mail between both of use where you told me the name)

Now the good news:

Knowing the name of you business inviting me as admin and opening its G+ URL in classic  G+ view I see on to the G+ page a banner telling me I'm invited and a button  to accept this invite. 

So now we have both:

1# a proof there is a bug or bad issue getting the invite sent properly to fix by Google

2# we figured out a working workaround:

until 1# isn't fixed by Google any invited user must get sent an additonal and separate private mail by the business owner to hint them on the fact being invited and also providing the user  the G+ URL of the page to accept the visible button in G+ classic view in order to accept the invite.

For me it remains to escalate 1# to Google => will do asap.

(still waiting on a response on my private mail to you about keeping the status of my invite for a while)

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem - I have seen the other threads suggesting changing G+ settings, but I have not setup a G+ page for this account. Help please!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Sandra T

I asked user @MACO B to start here his separate thread as I did already some investigation with his matter in the German forum.

Please keep this thread clean from other user issues and Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Feel free to follow this thread as I'm intending to escalate this thread to Google as "part pro toto"

@MACO B

Have you read my todays post in your German thread and my proposal for a certain test with my account?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@MACO B

I haven't yet escalated your issue as I'm able to replictate the issue with an own testing business I'm managing under an other account as my TC account.

But I also found a workaround to get the invitation accepted despite not receiving the inviting mail.

I sent you a private mail about this in order to check this work around will work on the invite you sent me rectently for your business listing as well (I hope it will work - I also haven't gotten any inviting mail from GoogleMyBuisness triggered by you yet)

Please respond on my private mail as I sent couple of minuts ago to you.

Accepted by topic author MACO B
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@MACO B

here a short interim report:

as aggreed you sent me an invite to become manager of a certain business you are the owner of.

I now have to admit I never got the email (in none folder or tab of my GMail inbox)

and also not using the category "Updates"

Proof Searching for the plain business name of the listing I'm a desigend admin gives nothings (except a private mail between both of use where you told me the name)

Now the good news:

Knowing the name of you business inviting me as admin and opening its G+ URL in classic  G+ view I see on to the G+ page a banner telling me I'm invited and a button  to accept this invite. 

So now we have both:

1# a proof there is a bug or bad issue getting the invite sent properly to fix by Google

2# we figured out a working workaround:

until 1# isn't fixed by Google any invited user must get sent an additonal and separate private mail by the business owner to hint them on the fact being invited and also providing the user  the G+ URL of the page to accept the visible button in G+ classic view in order to accept the invite.

For me it remains to escalate 1# to Google => will do asap.

(still waiting on a response on my private mail to you about keeping the status of my invite for a while)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@MACO B

Thanks for your cooperation.

I now have escalated the issue to Google providing there all the facts about your business and not getting received the invite you sent me in my Gmail inbox at all.

But mentioning the workaround getting the info being invited in a on top banner if navigating to your business page https://plus.google.com/107423696526294383325/about in the classic G+ view.

So I think it all now "on the way"

for my own reference only: https://goo.gl/jm7rp5

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, 

Apologies if I'm not supposed to reply here, however I just wanted to see if there is any news from Google on this? I've got two clients that I need to be able to manage. I'm started my own thread on this here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Verification/Issue-With-Adding-New-Manager-Owner/m-p/83542... however there's been no joy from Google or any top contributor. Any info would be great! 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Jaryd N

there is no news regarding this matter.

Recommending the workaround as provided to @MACO B in my post from a week ago 

(2# we figured out a working workaround:.....)

No word back yet from Google to my escalation 

for my own reference only: https://goo.gl/jm7rp5

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler,

Any news yet? I've added three more clients to the list and still have no control over their GMC accounts. 

Re: Invitation emails are never received

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Jaryd N

still no news

Have bumped my older escalation a seconded time.

Use the workarounf as working  for @MACO B