My Business
933 members online now
933 members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect owner of a business page -- trying to add manager and no emails are being received, help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We've been trying to get this resolved now for almost a year...obviously something is not working and we're really fed up!

A lady who worked at our shop set up a gmail account and claimed the business as hers, over a year ago.

She no longer works for the company. We've been trying to get her to add us as a manager so she can transfer ownership but we never get any email.

Today we just set up a gmail account and she says she tried to add that email address, but again, still no email to accept the manager invitation.

Can someone please help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Incorrect owner of a business page -- trying to add manager and no emails are being received, h

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Janet T

Just in addition to @james w's points - it can take Google a while (up to 2 weeks) to confirm whether a listing can be transferred to a new owner or not. This helps prevent spammers from taking control of listings without the real owner's knowledge.

If you've already requested change in ownership via the link I provided, then please do wait at least 2 weeks before contacting Google support, as recommended by James. I know it is frustrating that this situation has been going on for so long but making multiple requests and following up via support within only a couple of days, can trigger spam warnings within Google - even though you are obviously not a spammer!

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Re: Incorrect owner of a business page -- trying to add manager and no emails are being received, h

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Janet T

Have you tried using this process: Someone else verified my business?

This will allow you to request ownership of the page directly via Google, rather than waiting for the current owner to add you as a manager, and then transfer ownership to you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, we have. I submitted this multiple times already. Just tried it again
a couple of days ago so fingers crossed they'll help this time.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Did you try the last step? I.e, actually calling up Google support and explaining the situation? If you have an ex employee that's too 'busy' to be bothered to help, or genuinely doesn't know how to make it happen (in spite of fairly clear instructions), you should still be able to get control back, though you may have to go through Google to make that happen. They can help you after all if there's no response from the old account holder, so I'm sure this isn't that unusual of a circumstance. 

You can contact Google here, though you might have better luck with the Google My Business twitter support.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Janet T

Just in addition to @james w's points - it can take Google a while (up to 2 weeks) to confirm whether a listing can be transferred to a new owner or not. This helps prevent spammers from taking control of listings without the real owner's knowledge.

If you've already requested change in ownership via the link I provided, then please do wait at least 2 weeks before contacting Google support, as recommended by James. I know it is frustrating that this situation has been going on for so long but making multiple requests and following up via support within only a couple of days, can trigger spam warnings within Google - even though you are obviously not a spammer!