2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect GMB owner email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm working with a client who purchased a brick and mortar business, this is their second location.  They are trying to access the GMB page and the owner email address is unknown by the old owners and my client.  How can they access the page?  Can a new post card be sent and the email address updated?

Thank you in advance?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Rebecca S I may be able to grab you a clue to what the email is if you let me know the business details?

If that doesn't work there is a path you can take to request ownership of the listing. That can be found here - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Thanks

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Re: Incorrect GMB owner email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the response Colan, we've tried the steps on the list before I posted here.

We know the abbreviated email address, the problem is no one at the company recognizes this email address.

This listing has already been claimed

This listing has already been verified by ge…@gmail.com.

Is there a way to claim the page with another post card?  or any other way to claim the page?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @Rebecca S yes you still need to go through the process in the document I linked to. Did you hit a wall with that process?

You can also contact GMB support.

I'd suggest reaching out to them on either Twitter or Facebook:

www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness
www.twitter.com/googlemybiz

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We did hit a wall, the very last section "If You Don't Hear Back" is where we're at.  We've requested access etc and haven't heard back however the business has been claimed so the option it claim the business isn't available. 

When one of the employee's from the company reached out to Google, the Google rep suggested just starting a new business page which doesn't make sense either.  Why would Google want null business pages and that would be confusing to reviewers as both pages for the same business would be active and they wouldn't know which to take the information from or to leave a review.

I will try reaching out again to Google via Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you