AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I want to remove the business from my personal account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used to work for a gym with two locations and left the job four months. I have asked the owner multiple times to remove me from his business account. I continue to receive emails regarding that business and when people post reviews. I now work for a competitor and being connected to this account makes me very uncomfortable. Is there a way to remove myself without disrupting his business?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jessica,

The best thing to do would be for them to take ownership of it. If they will not, that is a really sad statement on their part since they should be extremely happy to do so. If you remove it from your Google account, it will hurt the listing, which is what I can tell you do not really want to do. A listing has to have at least one person connected to it. 

One thing I can think of is that you create a new email account and make it the owner of the listing and then use that account to remove the listing from your Google account and then send the company the log in info for the new email and say "goodbye... here is your account so you can mange it. Cheers!"

This should leave your account clear and their listing intact. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: I want to remove the business from my personal account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The owner of the company is still on it. He added me to the account when I worked there but hasn’t removed me despite my multiple requests. Is there a way I can remove myself?

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Not until there is another full owner of it (not just an invited owner). 

In the advertising world we often need to isolate unimportant accounts from our main action and we do so with the way I described in my previous post. This way you can remove your main email and stop being contacted about it.  

Kind Regards,

James

Re: I want to remove the business from my personal account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am the “invited” owner, not the original owner (he is still around). I just don’t know how to remove myself since he won’t.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Go to https://business.google.com/manage/ and then click on the listing and then click on Manage Users. From there you should see both yourself listed and any others with access to the listing. On the right hand side of the listing, next to the names, you will see an X of those you can remove. If you do not have an X by your name, you cannot remove yourself... until you follow the suggestion in my first reply (add another email, make that the primary owner and then use that account to remove your main email). 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have sold the business don't have any more