AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I think I screwed something up.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, this is my first time using Google My Business. 

Here is what happened.

Company-A opened up a new company-B.

They both have the same address. 

Company-A - company-A@gmail.com - (same address)
Company-B - company-B@gmail.com - (same address)

What I did:

I logged in under company-B@gmail.com. I created a new google places account, and proceeded to add Company-B and the address details.

Google said there was a company found under it, and I clicked 'this is my business'.

Google proceeded to send the letter by mail for verification, and once it was delivered they filled it out and it was approved.

The problem:

When searching Company-A on Google, it actually showed me the Google business listing for Company-B

It looks like it replaced what was already there, however I was unaware of Company-A really ever had a google places listing to begin with. 

And surely, when typing Company-B in Google, i see the Company-B business listing. 

I quickly reset the information back so that the original Company-A can have its information restored.

Now, when I type Company-B in google, I see Company-A business listing, which is better in the sense Company-B is newer and hasn't built a big reputation yet. 

HELP please

So how can I go about having Company-A (with same address) show up for Company-A, and when searching Company-B, it shows Company-B listing and manage this under the same account of company-B@gmail.com because it looks like company-B@gmail.com account took over (or has shared access) to the company-A@gmail.com business listing.

I'm really confused here please help

I was trying to 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike L
August

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

So problem number one- Google won't let you have two different GMB listings for two different businesses operating at the same address. You could add Suite #2 or something like that to the address for Company B...but there is still a risk there of Google marking the first location as a duplicate. 

You can add the email address for companyA as an owner under companyB's email address and then delete companyB's email address from managing that account. 

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok let me make sure I have this straight....Company-A and Company-B exist at the same physical address?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Mike L
please do not post your email addresses
but please do post the names, addresses, websites and google maps listings (as available)

your prior post is quite confusing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I was asking for clarification on the question- so I could offer my advice. 

Re: I think I screwed something up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's correct.

Company A is offering a service

Company B is a company selling products for company A's service.

Both operating via the same physical address
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike L
August

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

So problem number one- Google won't let you have two different GMB listings for two different businesses operating at the same address. You could add Suite #2 or something like that to the address for Company B...but there is still a risk there of Google marking the first location as a duplicate. 

You can add the email address for companyA as an owner under companyB's email address and then delete companyB's email address from managing that account. 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Niki M
I tagged you by mistake.

but this situation is so confusing it would help to have the business info.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed...that would be helpful as well

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Richard R - thanks for your response.

Sorry for confusing it.

Company A and Company B are operating under the same physical address.

This caused the creation of Company-B's google business listing to override Company-A, so whenever I googled for Company-A, it will show the Company-B listing.

It seems it will be challenging to do this under the same address, so I need to rethink this.

I wasn't aware that we can't have the same address, that seems to be what happened here. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you this helped, I wasn't aware of the address limitation.