AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I really need the help of Marissa Nordahl!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've never done this before - so I hope I'm posting in the right place...

I own a small juice bar/salad bar in Hell's Kitchen, New York (it's called 'fresh from hell') and I've been through the most horrible week of my life dealing with the theft of the GMB page from beyondmenu.com...

Right now the business information that shows on the side bar of the google search is redirecting to a fake website that takes online orders without our knowledge, stealing money from customers under our name! We never ever agreed to partner with them and I have emails to prove it.
I never granted any rights to anyone to manage our page - whatever alternative process they were allowed to use to take it from us (and it can't be emails, because I rejected every single one of those), we want to use it too to reclaim our rightful page.

I want to appeal, and the nice responses I read from Marissa Nordhal from GMB gave me a glimmer of hope...
I am in possession of the official corporate email (hello@freshfromhell.com), the real website (freshfromhell.com), and of all the documents proving this is my business: I'm just requesting a true verification. This is theft and there has to be something Google can do to make it right.

It's breaking my heart and my spirit to see this fraud happen to the store I worked so hard to open.

Please please please... it's 3am and I am here trying to find a solution to save the reputation of my store. Help.

My name is Gabriel Formento and I can be reached at either hello@freshfromhellcom or hello@hkgoodness.com

The business info is:

Fresh from hell

326 W 47th Street

New York

646 337 5256 / 212 956 4355

freshfromhell.com (the only official one)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fresh+from+hell/@40.7608319,-73.9911708,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!...

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gabriel F
August 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Marissa,

My goodness I'm so happy!

@TomW

@Marissa_GMB

@Allyson_GMB

Honestly, after the heartache I've been through for this, I can say that people like you are restoring my faith in humanity - I'm not exaggerating!

Finding out that beyondmenu was redirecting our customers to a fake website and steal their money under our name, after all the work we've done to start this business, literally made me feel sick.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Please, do you have any advice to ensure this never happens again? Is there anything I can do other than reject their email requests?

I can't tell you enough how thankful I am.

Gabriel

View solution in original post

Re: I really need the help of Marissa Nordahl!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gabriel F

Do you have a Google account associated with a @freshfromhell.com domain? If not, either create one here: https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail

Or add your @freshfromhell.com as an alternate email address to your existing Google account: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/70206

Then use that Google account to request ownership of the listing (follow the steps in this article under "Request access": https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Tom, thanks so much for your response!

I think I managed to add the hello@freshfromhell.com address to my Google account.

As I mentioned in the other post, I have already requested ownership to beyondmenu.com - but predictably they only granted a 'communication manager' role. Of course we need the full rights back to be able to change the fraudulent website link.

Are you suggesting I sent another identical request, but with the 'freshfromhell.com' email address?

I'm just concerned that if they don't deny it (and keeping on granting only a 'manager' role), I will never be able to appeal and obtain a verification.

Do you have any recommendation?

This is the thread that gave me hope, where I read that you guys were able to 'unverify' the page:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/Google-Maps-listing-hijacked-by-Beyond...

Again, thanks so much!

Gabriel

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Okay Gabriel, if you've added that email address to the account that is currently a communications manager for the listing we'll try going with that. I think it will be enough to get ownership transferred to you (and to have BeyondMenu removed) but I will let you know what I hear back.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I appreciate so much what you're doing - Please see below for confirmation: I added hello@freshfromhell.com to my account.

I'll wait for any update - thanks,

Gabriel

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 9.44.26 AM.jpg

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

@TomW thanks for taking this on and escalating. You rock!

@Gabriel F, Thanks for reaching out and not giving up hope! We're all happy to help in the community. @Allyson_GMB was able to get this fixed and the page is now under your ownership. 

Thanks again!
M

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gabriel F
August 2017

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Marissa,

My goodness I'm so happy!

@TomW

@Marissa_GMB

@Allyson_GMB

Honestly, after the heartache I've been through for this, I can say that people like you are restoring my faith in humanity - I'm not exaggerating!

Finding out that beyondmenu was redirecting our customers to a fake website and steal their money under our name, after all the work we've done to start this business, literally made me feel sick.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Please, do you have any advice to ensure this never happens again? Is there anything I can do other than reject their email requests?

I can't tell you enough how thankful I am.

Gabriel

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You're welcome @Gabriel F! Happy to help and it's great that this was resolved so quickly.

I'm hopeful they'll leave you alone now but if they continue to persist please post back here to let us know.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks again - I truly hope it doesn't happen again, but regardless it feels good to know you guys have our backs against these bad people.

Should I delete the additional location (with the fake website) that I see now in my GMB page, or is it better I leave it alone (since it's not published)?

I don't want to do anything either way that can allow them to sneak back in, and I'm afraid that if I delete it then they might create another duplicate with the fake website - as probably that's the way they got access without my permission in the first place, who knows.

I'll do whatever you think it's best to keep it safe.

Thank you!

Gabriel