My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I no longer work for the company linked to my "Business' page - can support unlink me?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used to work for Central Theatre Supplies in the UK until March and as I left - I transferred all my management pages (so I thought) to the business owner.

I've now set up in business in my own name and was horrified to find that my place page and business page are still linked to Central Theatre Supplies. I don't want to simply delete the pages - that would be grossly unfair and the owner at that business is a bit technophobic and won't rush to delete my management role.

Is it possible for Support to simply delete the links from my profile to that business and its pages without adversely affecting their pages?

1 Expert replyverified_user

I no longer work for the company linked to my "Business' page - can support unlink me?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's not quite clear for me:

are there in your dashboard still listings for "Central Theatre Supplies" and if so what is your role of any such listings?

to identify your role of such Listings click the listing in your dashboadr (via "MANAGE LOCATION")

Now click the top left hambuger menue and finally click at the left sidebar "users" 

What users are shown up for you per each listing in question?

And  what role is  shown for you and the (eventual) other users? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm showing as Primary Owner but I'm no longer employed there.  I was the "owner" when I worked there because I originally created the page.

I could delete my Google ID I suppose and let the system take its course but I don't want to delete that page or it's ratings.

Ideally, I would supply an eMail address to assign the "primary owner" to and everything would transfer to him without further intervention - he got confused enough when I renamed my Google Account to this eMail address and the system sent him an eMail to tell him :P

It may not be possible of course and I shall have to just delete the locations and start afresh but thats really the last thing I want to do.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

the general procedure would be https://support.google.com/business/answer/3415281?hl=en

this requires to have beside of oyur "primary ownership" any other secondary "ownership" and this other Owner must be able to access his dahsboard.

After you changed your "primary ownership" to any other owner you can just remove the listing from your dashboard.

Re: I no longer work for the company linked to my "Business' page - can support unlink me?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Ian K

In case you have any follow up questions dont forget tagging me:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.