AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I need help editing the text below my business on Google Maps - Marin Theatre Company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am having trouble figuring out WHERE to edit the text below my business. Right now it reads: "Marin Theatre Company: Community theater and educational center". And when I go to "suggest an edit" I only have the option to change the category of the business, and the name of the business, but not that pesky text below it. I've already had to request permission for ownership, and it looks like that went through, but I don't know who previously "owned" the business via Google so I'm trying to fix however we were listed by the previous "owner". 

This messaging format will not let me upload a screenshot so I can't provide a visual of what I'm talking about but let me know if I can send it to someone else. 

Please help! Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

I need help editing the text below my business on Google Maps - Marin Theatre Company

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sara W it sounds like you are talking about editorial summaries.

These are Google created and will only be changed if the description is factually incorrect. More information is available in this article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6088158?hl=en

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog