AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I messed something up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so I tried to create a page for this Band.

They play at a very big restaurant.

When asked to verify, Google told me that I'm in a very similar location to the restaurant so I used their phone and got the code.

Now the whole restaurant is under my ownership and the name is changed. What should I do ?

I don't even know under which account it was...

And after I fix, how do I add the new business under the same location?

What if it's a huge building with hundreds of offices and different businesses but same address?

1 Expert replyverified_user

I messed something up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for coming to the community! It looks like you may have forgotten some important information that I'll need in order to address your issue. Can you please provide the following:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

Once I have that information, ​I​'ll do my best to help. 
Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

I messed something up

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, Helmut. I didn't knew I'm supposed to provide it. Here it is.

Use Google.ro

Business name: La Castel Iasi
Address: Aleea Mihail Sadoveanu 54 Iași, Municipiul Iași, Județul Iasi
Phone: 0749 225 220
Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps?q=la+castel&rlz=1C1CHWA_enRO607RO607&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVuIa...
Site: http://www.lacastel.com/

So basically, I created a whole another business, and it's in the same location, as the band plays at this restaurant. Google asked me to use the restaurant's phone number so I did, as we had access to it at the reception.

Now I'm owner of it, and I don't even know the old owner's email address to send it back to.

I can see that the reviews and client photos are still there, but no photos uploaded by the 'ex' owner can be found.

How can I send this business back to it's previous state before it got linked to my account?

P.S. I changed the details to their previous state, like name, phone and website. There's still an issue with the images though ...

I messed something up

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry @Adrian C for my ignorance

But I don't understand about what "band" and its GoogleMyBusiness listing you are talking.

I also don't understand to what you refer writing 

"How can I send this business back to it's previous state before it got linked to my account?" - What business back to what stat?

The above provided URL  is about a verified Restaurant listing and it is verified and managed through this GoogleAccount:

co…@gmail.com

You can't create for a band -even if this band is playing in a restaurant an own GoogleMyBuisness

It would violate Googles Guidelines as the band is not owning the rooms or th building of the restaurant.

Please elaborate 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: I messed something up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok they own a studio, and they can be found there throughout the day. I
will therefore try to select their studio as their location. It's better
this way.

However, I still now own all the MyBusiness Page of the restaurant. It got
transferred under my account when I used their phone to verify.

I don't know the previous linked email address so I don't know who to send
it back to.

I don't even know if it was owned/linked to any e-mail address before.

--

Adrian Cojocariu

@adriancojocariu