AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I have been denied access to my business page. Please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

TL;DR - I bought a business over a year ago and have had major issues gaining ownership of the page. Google rep has been very unhelpful and I'm getting very frustrated. 

Peachtree Battle Ace Hardware
2365 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
(404) 841-9525
https://g.co/kgs/YrWzPB

This has been a real PITA! I purchased a business a little over a year ago and requested ownership of the google business page at that time. The previous owner never actively managed the page but he apparently associated an email address to it years ago that he no longer uses or remembers. The google rep told me that the ownership request would be sent to the arctive email address listed on the page and if there was no response after 7 days, I would be granted ownership. Long story short that didn't happen so I did it THREE MORE TIMES. Still nothing. Then after an fee more weeks I all of a sudden had access to my page. Then just as quickly it was gone again. This time google claimed my page was a duplicate and was shut down. I contacted the help desk again.  This time the google rep suggested I file an impersonation claim, which I did with all of the requested documentation and proof that I own the business. After filing that claim I got an email telling me that the claim was being processed and then another email telling me that the page was actually open to claim. I responded right away only to get a response back that I needed to file another impersonation claim because I never did in the first place. Ever since then I have been requesting help from the same rep, David, only to be told over and over to request ownership or file impersonation claims. It's almost like he's a bot instead of a real person (probably true). I am fed up with this goose chase and requested that his supervisor contact me at least 5 times now with absolutely no acknowledgement of my request. All I want is access to MY BUSINESS' page. I don't understand why this is so difficult. Please help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Michael H I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: I have been denied access to my business page. Please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PriyaC!

This is definitely still an issue. Not long after I posted the call for help I decided to give up trying to gain access so I'm still in the same situation I was at that time. Is there anything you suggest or can do to help?

Michael Harwell

Owner,
Marlin Holdings, LLC
d.b.a. Peachtree Battle Ace Hardware
Sent from my iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I hop you can help. When i login it says the business is owned an managed by me however when i click manage its says someone else manages it. They have emailed the Apparent business owners but and now result. I am the one who setup the page originally so i dont see why this is happening.