My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I bought a web shop from an estate - google shows it's permanently closed and I can't fix that

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I bought a web shop terveysmarket.fi from an estate for my company Amanita Oy Map link 

Salkolantie 25 31470 Somerniemi, Finland.

From this company - Terveysmarket Oy, Emännänkatu 9,21100 Naantali, Finland Map Link that went bankrupt.

I've been in business for 4 months now but when ever someone googles my web address (yes, people really do that instead of just typing it on the address bar) - I'm permanently closed and in the wrong city. Needless to say, that's not helping my business. I can't reach the former owner and if there's an easy way to do it with Google, I sure can't find it.

Any help?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I bought a web shop from an estate - google shows it's permanently closed and I can't fix that

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

First of all: any kind of webshop isn't eligible for a local page at all.

See more in here: Guidelines for representing your business on Google

You need to have a face to face contact to your customers to be eligible

So you should not expect getting it re-opened.

You would better do contacting business support and asking them to take down the business page as a local page as it confused your customers and - as said: it isn't eligible for a local page.

Editing my previous given answer:

I can't even replicate getting it as closed:

See below:

Screenshot 2016-06-07 at 12.58.11.png

Where is the location marked as closed???

Re: I bought a web shop from an estate - google shows it's permanently closed and I can't fix that

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Lasse

Can you confirm the Terveysmarket business was a shopfront - as in a place where people can come and be served during business hours?
Reason I ask is online-only businesses are not eligible for pages. Fixing this will be a different solution than if there is a real shop.

If Terveysmarket is an online business, then you can contact google support and explain the page should not be on google maps at all. They'll then remove it and you're done.

If Terveysmarket serves customers at the same address as your Amanita business, then first claim the page, change the address and then re-open it.
to claim & verify: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778
reopen: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6323743

The system may want you to verify the page before you can change the address. if that's the case, then go through the process to verify the listing. Google will send the verification postcard to the old address. If you have a mail redirect, perhaps you'll receive it. If so, you can verify it, change the address and probably have to re-verify it at the new address (wait for another postcard).

If you don't receive the postcard from the first request, wait two weeks (from the date you requested) and contact google support. Providing you haven't made any changes to the listing since you requested the verification, they should be able to verify it for you. Again, then you can change the address and probably have to re-verify.

You have several options for contacting Google support:
1) https://support.google.com/business/contactflow
2) Twitter - @GoogleMyBiz
3) Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Apologies Helmut for answering over the top of you - looks like we were both working on this at the same time.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply -the thing is, I also have a store at the same address where customers either pick up their orders or purchase directly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, missed the edit: my company is live, the estate (Terveysmarket Oy) with the www-page I bought is closed and I'm unable to add the web page under my company (Amanita Oy) because there can be only one.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

No worries @Margaret O 

just go ahead -helping the user  since we yet know the business is also  store with face to face contact.

If there is anything I should jump in again just ping me.

Accepted by topic author Lasse L
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Lasse
Ok since people can come to the shop, it does need to be updated and claimed. Follow the instructions in my previous answer.

Not quite understanding what you mean by "unable to add the web page under my company (Amanita Oy) because there can be only one", so I'll guess.
GMB accounts allow for multiple listings on the same dashboard. If you log into the dashboard, you should see either a link on the top right to add a location, or click on the hamburger menu (upper left) and in the dropdown menu, 4th option down is "add a location".

Does that help?

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret
I found someone on the FB-page who told he's going to remove the old closed down listing and I then made a new one for my shop at my parent company's address. What I meant with "only one" was the web address for my parent company but I wasn't thinking clearly - of course I could add another listing at the same address. Thanks for your help!