AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

I am the owner of my business. Somehow I am listed as a manager in permissions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the owner of my business. Somehow I am listed as a manager in permissions. I have been following the instructions to try to contact the owner but because I am a manager they don't seem to be working. 

Ann Jones Real Estate

600 Fisk Ave, Suite 122

Brownwood, TX 76801

(325) 646-1500

https://www.google.com/maps?cid=2837562938523359527&hl=en&_ga=2.140966199.401257477.1517429276-79978...

https://annjonesrealestate.com/

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

since when are you listed as manager ?

Have youbefore this Manager status ever  tried to get the ownership transferred to you?

If not:

delete the listing formyour dashboard (it endedthe manager status aswell)

Then apply 

Re: I am the owner of my business. Somehow I am listed as a manager in permissions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler I am having this same issue - I'd like to become the owner of our GMB listings. As of now, someone else is Primary Owner (unchangable) and another person is Manager. Both of these folks are no longer with the company, and all of our listings are under an old (unused) email address. Do you know if any penalty would be had from deleting all of our listings and starting over from scratch? I've researched this and am unable to find an answer to this question. Any input is appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Renee v

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut, 

I waited the 7 days for the request for ownership to expire. Then yesterday I proceeded to claim the business anew. Now I'm in as the owner, but it will not let me add any additional owners or managers. The screen comes up but the INVITE button does not seem to work. I thought maybe it was just too soon yesterday, so I gave up and came back to it this morning, it's still doing the same thing this morning though.