AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How to get ownership of a Google My Business page that someone else (I don't know who set up)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will try to explain this situation in as few words as possible.  I am trying to help a client gain ownership of his Google My Business page.  I recently built a website for Henry Gonzales.He owns:

Henry's Fence Company

4130 Lowman St. 

Corpus Christi, Tx  78415

(361) 232-3079

Google Map url:  https://www.google.com.pe/maps/place/Henry's+Fence+Company/@27.7479209,-97.4168225,15z/data=!4m2!3m1...

Henry claims that he cannot remember who set up his google my business page.  He has no idea.  The only clue we have was when I tried to claim it, the screen displayed ma.......@gmail.com has control of the page.  Henry has no idea who this is.

I explained to him we must get control because he will not be able to respond to reviews, post photos, etc.  Not to mention that the current page has an image of a house in which Henry no longer lives there and the map position is correct on the map.  I have reached out to the google people but they seem to think that all I want to do is suggest edits.  

I tried to claim ownership for Henry using my gmail account.  jldouglas58@gmail.com.  Needless to say, it was rejected.  So I figure that whoever has control of the page knows Henry but does not recognize my gmail or they are just being I don;t know what.  

I asked the person at google that I spoke with if he could email the person who has control and email them to call or email Henry about this.  I have all the credentials in order to prove that Henry is the owner of this business.  

Can someone please advise?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to get ownership of a Google My Business page that someone else (I don't know who set up)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@James D

what kind of proof  can you provide  your client owns and is running the business  at the mentioned address  and underthis  name and with the phone number  -  so I  could forward this  proof  to Google?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi@James D,

I just experienced something similar. We had a property management company that did have any idea who the Primary Owner was of their GMB Page.

Here's what I did to gain access.

1. Posted in the Forum asking for guidance

2. Requested ownership of a business listing after reading this link and selecting the correct link I needed: correct https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

3. Check the listing daily "Once you've requested ownership, the current listing owner will have 7 days to respond. You can check the status of your request by signing in to Google My Business or clicking the link in your confirmation email."

4. On the 7th day, I then requested verification again and was given Primary Ownership access.

@HelmutGeissler helped me  :) 

@James D I hope you are able to get this resolved 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. I was afraid that I would not explain correctly.  

I went the motion of requesting ownership.  I have done this several times, but this is the first time that someone responded with a denial.  Henry claims he has no idea who set it up and could not recollect who set it up.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello  @HelmutGeissler

Thanks for your reply sir!  Would income tax statements or a business permit suffice?  How would you like this?  Can I take photos of them and attach to an email?  

We can definitely provide proof that Henry owns the business, at that address, with that phone number.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Provide  such info  here - best  would be  the business license I believe.

scan the most  official paperwork and provide it here.

Note:

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

And  please provide the info when (what date)  Henry (or you) last time requested the ownership but  got it denied.