My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How to claim, verify and take ownership of an existing listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We need to verify and take ownership of an existing listing and connect it to a new Google Plus page. Google's instructions are confusing and convoluted and seem to be wrong. When I follow the instructions there is no way to search for an existing listing, only to create a new one. I can't figure out if I've made a duplicate or made Google+ Page which I can then link to the business listing on maps once it's verified (that's what I want to do).

I am shocked and appalled at how terrible Google's products are. They seem to become worse, more confusing and more difficult to use with every new iteration. It is truly horrible. Waiting for a post card is also completely unreasonable. Why can't you send an SMS or give a file to upload to the website?

New Google+ Page: http://bit.ly/1Uk9ByG
Existing Google listing: https://goo.gl/maps/KNHY1afbF722

Again, need to verify, claim, take ownership of both and then connect them. How do we do this? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to claim, verify and take ownership of an existing listing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Bill R 

your first URL gives me a 404 error and the second is about a verified business - means its already claimed by someone else.

To get control over the latter listing the only option is applying "Someone else verified my business"

btw

your rant about the typ of verification google offers you ist pretty useless.

Its Googles product and it's their decicion how they verify what they are going to show as verifid or not.

If you don't like their products - you are not enforced to use them