My Business
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How to Eliminate an Incorrect Business Page Google Created—Google Support Is A Disaster

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Abrams & Associates, LLC 

700 17 th St. Suite 650
Denver, CO 80202

(303) 500-5795

abramslaw.net

https://business.google.com/b/105508360774385530969/dashboard/l/15085311338322396404?

I have a correct Google+ page.

Google created what appears to be another Google+ page for my business that has the wrong business name, an old address, and an old phone number. It appears on the right-hand side in search results: https://www.google.com/search?q=robert+abrams+attorney+denver&oq=robert+abrams&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69...

I have claimed and deleted, merged, and otherwise eliminated this page, but it keep re-appearing as an unclaimed page, which tells me Google's system keeps reaching out to some phantom page and pulling it back up. Just to be clear, I did everything correctly and the last time with Google support on the phone with me every step of the way. They have no clue what's happening.

I reported it as a closed business. I reported it as a fraudulent page. I have reported it as incorrect in Google Maps. I have reported it as wrong in Google Feedback at the bottom of the search page. I spent the past 3 1/2 months on the phone with Google support (which is a TOTAL waste of time) and in emails back and forth on this issue. I have asked to have it escalated. I tried over and over to speak to a supervisor who NEVER calls back as promised. I have been lied to over and over again and caught staff in their lies.

I called Google corporate and spoke to an American who couldn't help me but encouraged me to make one last attempt on this forum.

I keep hearing that people are finding me on this incorrect page, which tells them I'm out of business or at a wrong address and phone number. This is killing my business, but Google will do nothing about it.

Does anyone know Larry Page?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Eliminate an Incorrect Business Page Google Created—Google Support Is A Disaster

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

of course there is at least one who knows Larry Page.
Give you a sample: Eric Schmidt knows him
LOL

Re: How to Eliminate an Incorrect Business Page Google Created—Google Support Is A Disaster

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Time to call him, I guess...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the exact same problem. Trying to close old listing with wrong name, address, phone number; and it keeps popping up on the right hand side of the search page. It HAS been marked "permanently closed"; but the old listing keeps appearing. I'm hoping someone responds to you with a solution.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Laurie L

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue.

I then will try to help you in a new thread - definetively not in Abrams thread

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks...I've followed your advice and created a new post.

LL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did it work for you?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Abrams A

Please stop hijacking other threads.

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue or stay tuned on a previous thread you started
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.