AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How to Eliminate an Incorrect Business Page Google Created—Google Support Is A Disaster

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Abrams & Associates, LLC 

700 17 th St. Suite 650
Denver, CO 80202

(303) 500-5795

abramslaw.net

https://business.google.com/b/105508360774385530969/dashboard/l/15085311338322396404?

I have a correct Google+ page.

Google created what appears to be another Google+ page for my business that has the wrong business name, an old address, and an old phone number. It appears on the right-hand side in search results: https://www.google.com/search?q=robert+abrams+attorney+denver&oq=robert+abrams&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69...

I have claimed and deleted, merged, and otherwise eliminated this page, but it keep re-appearing as an unclaimed page, which tells me Google's system keeps reaching out to some phantom page and pulling it back up. Just to be clear, I did everything correctly and the last time with Google support on the phone with me every step of the way. They have no clue what's happening.

I reported it as a closed business. I reported it as a fraudulent page. I have reported it as incorrect in Google Maps. I have reported it as wrong in Google Feedback at the bottom of the search page. I spent the past 3 1/2 months on the phone with Google support (which is a TOTAL waste of time) and in emails back and forth on this issue. I have asked to have it escalated. I tried over and over to speak to a supervisor who NEVER calls back as promised. I have been lied to over and over again and caught staff in their lies.

I called Google corporate and spoke to an American who couldn't help me but encouraged me to make one last attempt on this forum.

I keep hearing that people are finding me on this incorrect page, which tells them I'm out of business or at a wrong address and phone number. This is killing my business, but Google will do nothing about it.

Does anyone know Larry Page?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Eliminate an Incorrect Business Page Google Created—Google Support Is A Disaster

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

of course there is at least one who knows Larry Page.
Give you a sample: Eric Schmidt knows him
LOL

Re: How to Eliminate an Incorrect Business Page Google Created—Google Support Is A Disaster

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Time to call him, I guess...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the exact same problem. Trying to close old listing with wrong name, address, phone number; and it keeps popping up on the right hand side of the search page. It HAS been marked "permanently closed"; but the old listing keeps appearing. I'm hoping someone responds to you with a solution.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Laurie L

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue.

I then will try to help you in a new thread - definetively not in Abrams thread

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks...I've followed your advice and created a new post.

LL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did it work for you?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Abrams A

Please stop hijacking other threads.

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue or stay tuned on a previous thread you started
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.