AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How to Delete Owner on Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a digital marketing strategist for flyte new media. We handle many social media accounts for our clients. I went to claim a Google My Business page for our client, under their email address but it defaulted and went back to mine. I am now the primary owner. Is there a way for me to delete myself from our clients business page? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

IMHO there are two options:

the hard method:

just delete it from your dahsboard and it will revert to an unverified listing - no one else is owning it anymore until any someelse is going to claim it again.

or

the soft method:

invite anyone else to become an admin and bit later make this user to an owner of the listing.

Once having done this you can finish your own ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Yep, I would go with Helmut's second option. Invite the client's account to be an owner of the listing. Once they accept the invitation you can then make them the primary owner. After that you could remove yourself (or reduce yourself to a lesser role).

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.