AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How do you change the category for the business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Brueggen Dental Implant Center
2. Current business address: 14626 Bellaire Boulevard Houston, TX 77083
3. Current telephone number: 281-879-1786
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/117975195647098650089/about

https://www.google.com/search?q=dental+implants+houston+tx&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=dental%20implants%20h...

If you check on the link above, it says "Dental Implants Periodontist", how do you change it to "Dentist". I don't have the login information since this was managed with by an SEO company that I cannot contact. I tried "Suggest an edit", but it only lets me edit the title, phone and others, not the category.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: How do you change the category for the business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wayne B

It can changed via the dashboard where it is managed by the page owner of the verified business page.

In case you are the business owner (or a authorized representative of it) but lost the access to the business page you should do all effort to regain the control over the business page getting the ownership over the actual verified business page.

Can achieved following this HC article  "Someone else verified my business"

The other (not so good) alternative would be using this link to your business and the left side "suggest an edit"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: How do you change the category for the business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wayne B

It can changed via the dashboard where it is managed by the page owner of the verified business page.

In case you are the business owner (or a authorized representative of it) but lost the access to the business page you should do all effort to regain the control over the business page getting the ownership over the actual verified business page.

Can achieved following this HC article  "Someone else verified my business"

The other (not so good) alternative would be using this link to your business and the left side "suggest an edit"