AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How do I remove old reviews from a previous owner, same business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are trying to figure out how to remove old reviews from the past owner of our current business. Our gym location closed in 2014 from the past Golds Gym owner. Our new owners purchased, renovated and completely restored the location under the same Golds Gym name but new owners and new facility. We are trying to remove pre-2016 reviews as they are not affiliated with our business at all. We are a verified google business and have already responded to all pre-2016 reviews stating we are under new ownership. We have done this with yelp and our now trying to figure out how to proceed with google.

Thank you

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Golds Gym T - Unfortunately you can't remove reviews (old or new) now you can flag them for removal but it's not guaranteed they would be removed. A suggestion would be to respond to them letting them (and others) know the gym is new management and new facility. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan,  thank you for the response, it seems unfair that google will not remove those reviews based off past ownership, past owners did not give this place a good name and we do not want to be associated with them as we are a new business and new owner location. We would like are reviews under our ownership 2016 and on to reflect our star rating. This process with Yelp was simplistic, yet google seems to have this long unfair process with dozens of businesses. Is there anything else we can do? I have responded to and flagged the old reviews  

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Golds Gym T - I understand the frustration, but also know companies that would switch ownership between friends and thus gaming the systems years back. If you are at a new location then I'd suggest setting up a whole new GMB then.