My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How do I remove duplicate locations created by an ad agency? (no login credentials)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business name:  Bulldog Professional Inspection Services

Current business address:  3724 Broadway Blvd. #1007, Kansas City, MO. 64111

Current business telephone:  816-564-3081

Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/104888469312253461218

I just discovered two duplicate business listings on Google Maps for one of  my keywords.

These are the duplicatesThese are the duplicates

I'm guessing they were created by ad agencies I no longer work with since I didn't know they exist (However, I remember being told by both agencies to look for a postcard in the mail - didn't think twice about it).

Now, I was able to guess the login credentials for the top listing and I think I was able to close that business.

However, the bottom listing is not vertified and I don't want to touch it for fear of permanently associating with it.

This leaves me with 3 questions:

1.  How long before the business listing I removed drops off Google maps?

2. What's the best way to remove an unverified business listing without having login credentials?

3. Are these duplicates the reason why my correct business listing is not showing up in search results -or- Google maps for this particular keyword?  In other words, is Google blocking my correct listing because of these duplicates?  (I'm listed at the top with other keywords).

This is how my listing looks on other keywordsThis is how my listing looks on other keywords

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your responses!

Steve Rodriguez

1 Expert replyverified_user

How do I remove duplicate locations created by an ad agency? (no login credentials)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Steve R

there are at least three  duplicating listings - all havign the same website and phon number:

1# Kansas City Home Inspections at 3724 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111 (it's unverified listing)

https://goo.gl/maps/aqtzxcGJjnT2

2# Bulldog inspctions at 11813 W 148th St, Olathe, KS 66062, USA

https://goo.gl/maps/sEhFLPjG65S2

3# Bulldog Professional Inspection Services  (as a service area bsuiness covering entire Kansas city and more)

https://goo.gl/maps/SVBLrQggPA52

Note:

the one listing on  your second screenshot called "Bulldog Professional Inspection Services Home inspection Kansas" I could not find any link for it.

Can yo provide a link to "Bulldog Professional Inspection Services Home inspection Kansas"?

Wondering which of all this stuff I should report as spammy duplicates to Google?

Re: How do I remove duplicate locations created by an ad agency? (no login credentials)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thanks so much for your help!

The second image shows my correct listing (same as image below -and- the one you list #3).  This is NOT a duplicate. 

I've worked hard for those 200 reviews!  lol

Anyway, it shows up twice in the photo because it is listed twice at the top of Google for the particular keyword I used to bring it up.  

#1 and #2 on your list are the duplicate listings.

This is the correct listing on googleThis is the correct listing on google

Thanks for your help and let me know if you have any more questions!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I never trust a business having gathered 200 reveiws in such a time period as you gathered them.

So what should I do?

I believe I will escalate this thread to Google mentioning all three listings in question and will let it be Googles task to figure out what they should or shouldn't consider as spammy duplicates and what not.

# 241

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Kimberly, my assistant, mentioned she just spoke to you on our website chat.

I assure you there is no spam on my listing.  I have been in business for 14 years and have worked hard to create a powerful review collecting system for my business.  My listing help drives my business and any interruption would effect it.

If you take a look at the reviews you will see they are all very much legitimate.

#1 and #2 on your list are duplicates and need to be removed.

#3 is my legitimate business that I work on and maintain daily.  This one drives my business and should NOT be removed.

Please let me know that the only ones removed will be #1 and #2. 

Thank you for your help,

Steve

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, Helmut.

Can I please get an update?

Thanks so much,

Steve

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Steve R

there isn't (and can't yet be) any update as I yesterday (Sunday) escalated the issue to Google - doing not more or less .

the chat with Kimberly started as I tried to access the website in order to read few information from it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.  Did you report #1 and #2 as the duplicates?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Please don't bother me with questions like this anymore. 

I escalated the thread and its three linked listings and I told them

"User means just one is real: 3# Bulldog Professional Inspection Services (as a service area bsuiness covering entire Kansas city and more) https://goo.gl/maps/SVBLrQggPA52"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Look, that question is important to me.  I want this to go smoothly and quickly.

Particularly since you insinuated I falsified my testimonials.  I wanted to know if you expressed that suspicion to Google, which may affect my business.

If so, I need to be prepared to address this issue and defend myself.

Thanks for your help, regardless.