AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How do I merge/remove unverified/unclaimed duplicate listings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Business name: Grindrod limited
Address: 4th Floor, Grindrod Mews, 106 Margaret Mncadi Ave, Durban Central, Durban, 4001, South Africa
Tel: +27 (

I have claimed and setup a location of a business, it has been verified and everything:

But the problem is I can't get rid of the duplicate:

when I try to claim it doesn't give me the same verification methods as per the first one, because when I try change the address it just takes me back to the manage locations panel and basically starts the process over.

Are there any suggestions or methods you can point me towards in order to rectify the issue?

I would prefer them to be merged if possible due to the ratings. As right now they are split between the two locations.
1 Expert replyverified_user

How do I merge/remove unverified/unclaimed duplicate listings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in a similar situation. I am now working at a business that has had two different employees over time attempt to handle the Google Listing of the business. However, there are now two that need to just be merged into a single listing, ran under the sole Google login of the business. I would love to just find a contact number for Google and handle this over the phone, but alas I have not found a number to dial. 

Re: How do I merge/remove unverified/unclaimed duplicate listings?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Coral Financial J and @Alison B

You can clean the duplicates using Google Maps. Find the listing that is the duplicate, click the slider that says

"Place is permanently closed or has never existed", and select duplicate from the dropdown list.

Usually the duplicate clears in a day or two. If it doesn't, post back on this thread.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog