AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How can I claim, when it was owned by some one else before, I purchased it and now am running it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret,

Look, I'm having trouble verifying my business and I have a really simple question that could be answered with a "yes" or "no". The problem is that I have read and searched for an answer without success. My business is located at 505 Union Pacific Blvd, Laredo, TX 78045, EE. UU. When I sign in to my account it appears correctly, when I search that location in maps, it appears correctly too, but when I select the "verify" button, the pin moves to 312-510 Union Pacific Blvd, Laredo, TX 78045, EE. UU. And there's no way to change that. I have gone backwards a few steps and the location stills correct, but when I push again "verify" it changes to that last adress I metioned. 

My question is, independently from the correct display of the adress at 505 union(...etc.), will the adress at 312-510(union...etc) be only the arrival point of the envelope with the verifying code? I mean, after entering the verifying code, will the verified adress be the first one I entered or the one of the envelope?

(Note: how can I send screenshots to be more specific?)

Thanks for your time. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I claim, when it was owned by some one else before, I purchased it and now am running i

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Interglobal S

Go ahead and request the postcard for verification, even though the card will not come to the right address.

Wait 14 days.

After the 14 days, contact Support via this link: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6161755?from=cuf 

Be sure you're logged into your GMB account before you trigger the form.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog