AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

How Do I Create Google Plus Local Business Page For My Business?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

To all the fellow community members.

Quite a few days back i was reading about google plus pages. It was said that in a article that we can create two pages in google plus one is G+ Local Business Page (meant for your local business if you're business has a physical location) and other one is G+ Brand Page (meant to share posts and engage with your target audience). Correct me if i'm wrong here !

Now, following all the steps which is been specified by google to set up My Business Page (MBP) I've created and verified MBP via postcard. 

I successfully created brand page on G+ for my business but couldn't find a way to set up G+ local business page (which usually shows address of business, verified tick mark).

I just want to ask here is there any way i can setup & create local G+ local business page for my business or G+ don't offer this feature anymore?

Any leads & suggestions on this would be much appropriated. 

Thanks 

Aman

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aman s
1 month ago

Re: How Do I Create Google Plus Local Business Page For My Business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aman S what you wrote  as " i was reading about google plus pages. It was said that in a article that we can create two pages in google plus one is G+ Local Business Page(meant for your local business if you're business has a physical location) and other one is G+ Brand Page (meant to share posts and engage with your target audience). Correct me if i'm wrong here !"  is a story from the   past. Google deprcated  this when separating GooglMyBusiness and G+.in last fall.

SO i must be an older and outdated articlewhere oyu read this (or one of the many "fake news" in the internet)

Actually there is no more an option to  get a GMB lsiting and a G+ oage tied.

Google  btw provided now  new  GMB funtionality to create postings dirctly via th GMB listing.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author aman s
1 month ago

Re: How Do I Create Google Plus Local Business Page For My Business?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aman S what you wrote  as " i was reading about google plus pages. It was said that in a article that we can create two pages in google plus one is G+ Local Business Page(meant for your local business if you're business has a physical location) and other one is G+ Brand Page (meant to share posts and engage with your target audience). Correct me if i'm wrong here !"  is a story from the   past. Google deprcated  this when separating GooglMyBusiness and G+.in last fall.

SO i must be an older and outdated articlewhere oyu read this (or one of the many "fake news" in the internet)

Actually there is no more an option to  get a GMB lsiting and a G+ oage tied.

Google  btw provided now  new  GMB funtionality to create postings dirctly via th GMB listing.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Helmut Geissler thanks for the information. So, you mean to say that we can only create G+ brand page now? if yes then how can i get that verified tick on my page?  That would be really helpful if you can put some light into this as well !

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

you can'tget this verified tick on a new  created  G+ page anymore  - at least not triggered by and referrign to the fact having a verified GMB listing.

This is an intended consequence of the separation of  GMB and G+ 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

got it ! Well, thanks for your help really appreciate !