1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Hijacked Listing by Beyond Menu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A company I help manage social media for had it's Google Listing hijacked. After much research to try and resolve it myself, I saw this was happening more and more frequently with other companies. The company I manage, Wings 'N More - Austin, now has a Google Listing that links to a different website. It shows that it takes orders online, but using a different platform. This worries me, because I read other comments that said customer CC info was being taken. Is there anyway to help me get the listing back, I've been running it for 8+ years now. From what I read, they must have called a hostess at the restaurant and told them they were from Google and asked them for the PIN for verification. The hostess gave it to them and took the listing, which I cannot get back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the domain, emails, and any other information needed to verify ownership. Heck, I can even provide electric bills from the restaurant!

Real Company Info (I manage all these as well):

http://wingsnmore-austin.com

info@wingsnmore-austin.com

https://facebook.com/WingsNMoreAustin

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caleb S
July

Re: Hijacked Listing by Beyond Menu

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Caleb S

So the business listing was not verified then by the owner?

Please request ownership of the page:

Request Ownership of a Google Business Listing

I will escalate this, but you need to have requested ownership.

Update:

I have been digging into the owner of the fake domain and found a ton of others. I will be reporting these too.

Please make sure you request ownership of the listing as soon as possible so we can move this forward.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom, thank you for your reply. Yes, the location was verified before. I have managed it for 8+ years now, but it seems they hijacked it through loopholes in the system. I have submitted the 'request ownership' form and spoke to a Google representative that told me I have to wait 7 days before any action can be done. It's unfortunate, because I researched and found the other domains they hijacked as well and comments that they are stealing credit card info with the fake websites they put up. They have their own online ordering, and take the photos from the website, but don't use the real logo. Any help with getting it back would be awesome. I'm glad to hear you are taking steps to fix the other sites they hijacked as well.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Caleb S

The listing has been released. You can now claim it.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! The issue has been resolved and I have gained back the listing. I appreciate your time and assistance!

- Caleb

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Glad it got sorted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue. BeyondMenu hijacked my listing and when I requested a transfer they just added as a communications manager without the ability to edit. There doesn't seem like there's anything I can do and it's impossible to contact google directly. Please help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They have bots that spam access requests every week. I've been denying them for months and one that I missed end up taking over. Is there anything small business can do to sue these guys? What they are doing is repulsive.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

HI @mrwok1234

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me or Tim by adding @[myname or Tim's name] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will thanks

Experts in the Topic
Helmut Geissler
Tim Capper