AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Hijacked GMB account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to get help with resolving an ownership issue in a non-public manner?  My GMB account has been hijacked by a related business entity with malicious intent.  Communications with the Google email help desk have (to date) proven fruitless.  I created the map and listing AND VALIDATED IT a few years ago before Google implemented their corporate site management structure.  Somehow (guessing through some bulk process?), the related entity took control of my local listing and account and reduced me to "Manager" from "owner".  I OWN the physical location in question and can readily prove it... the new "owner" absolutely can not.  The latest response I got from "help" was that the other party's silence was denial of my claim - and therefore they were the legit account owner (interesting logic).

We're a destination and our Google Maps listing is critical since we have lots of positive reviews and our organic search presence is a key traffic driver.

So - is there any way to escalate this without going fully public with all our data?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Hijacked GMB account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

what do you imag would here to escalate without concrete information?

I can't imagine and refuse to help on this lack on information

But you should know (and can see this in many many threads here in the forum)

I am (and was) able to help in plenty of threads with ownership conflict issues (as other TCs are also able to help - however  based on concrete information)