AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

High School owned by unauthorized owner, they have changed the name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Westfield High School in Westfield, Indiana has been assigned an unauthorized owner. They have decided to rename the high school to Mrs. Adams High School on Maps.

The address is 18250 North Union Street, Westfield, IN 46074. The telephone number is 317-867-6800. The google maps URL is here. The website is here. I am the Technology Director for the district and should be the owner of the business. 

I look forward to any help you can provide. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dan, 

Have you requested admin rights to the listing? What happened if you did so? 

I would recommend getting in touch with Google My Business support about this. Usually what they can do is send an access request and if they don't hear back from the owner, they can unverify the listing so that you can claim and verify it. 

Re: High School owned by unauthorized owner, they have changed the name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, Rachel! Who would I contact. I can't find an email address, portal, or phone number for a direct support contact. 

Any help would be appreciated. 
Dan

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dan, 

You're welcome! You can reach out to Google My Business support on Twitter and on Facebook