AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Hi jacked listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone is stealing my listings and Google keeps giving it to them. I need to actually contact someone at Google Business to submit verification. Is there an email?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi jacked listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alistair V

Before we can investigate anything, we need more information

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Hi jacked listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for replying. Is this something that we can discuss privately?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Alistair V

Would you feel more comfortable providing more info on a private form?  If so, you can use this:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScab-dFFGRhWPhz3YVjq9yk270A9PsTr4YIQ9uTkeowOemXnQ/viewform

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Alistair V

Can you provide any evidence the listings are truly belong to your business? Claiming listings with a gmail account gives us nothing to go on.  Is there any legal documentation to go with the name change that you can provide?  

Can you also provide a complete list of the listings you're claiming? 

I'm sorry to make you do what could be perceived as jumping through hoops, but for all I know you could be someone who doesn't have the best interests at heart.  Google will need a level of certainty before they change ownership.

Find me on · · my blog

Hi jacked listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it not possible to see I created the accounts? That they were created using my email?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Alistair V

It may well be on Google's end, but we (the TC community) do not have access to those private details.  Is the email address you gave me in the form the address you used to initially create the listings?

If so, that will help with the escalation.

The other thing that will help speed this along is a list of the specific listings you want on that account.  I'm not sure how much work it is (or if it's possible) for Google staffers to mine for listings by "created by email".

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Alistair V

I haven't heard back from you - is this issue now closed?

Find me on · · my blog

Hi jacked listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I needed to talk to someone at Google. I will resolve through the courts.