4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Helping client claim ownership of his Google My Business location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. My client wants to add me as a manager of his business location, but he doesn't know how to access it. Someone else set it up, probably another IT or SEO firm he hired long ago. He has no idea how to gain access to his location. What should he do? Here is his business information:

1. MoldX, Inc.
2. 3720 Hendricks Rd, Suite D, Midlothian, VA, 23112 US
3. (804) 377-6653
4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/MoldX,+Inc/@37.4218513,-79.8350275,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89...

5. www.moldxinc.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CJ F
March

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

You can claim the location using phone or postal verification. You can do this from your business manager.

Thanks,

Sura

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Suradha.

Re: Helping client claim ownership of his Google My Business location

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @CJ F

Sorry but the information provided by @Suradha P is incorrect. Since it is a verified listing you won't be able to claim it.

Your client will need to request access/ownership of the listing. Since it's a service-area listing you will need to contact support for help. There is a specific way to contact support for this issue and it is outlined in Helmut's response in this thread: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/Can-t-Recover-Service-Based-Businesses...

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, TomW. By the time Suradha had responded, the client had figured out his sign-in information and invited me to mange. Fortunately I didn't have to go through the Google process. Thanks again for your clarification!