AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Help to close my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have closed my google account but still see my business listing is live. I want to close the store and not have the listing show up in google anymore. I am the owner but the email, contact number are no longer valid. How do I erase my business from Google? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Amanda S - since it sounds like you don't have access to your Google account that your listing was created with you can't just remove the location.

So, in the Google Maps listing click on "suggest an edit" and mark it as being closed. It can take some time for Google to verify.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great! Thank you, I will do that. 

So will Google remove the listing all together? I don’t want it to come up as a listing at all anymore.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Amanda S,

Could you please mention the complete name, address of the listing that you are referring to?

Also, why would like it not to come up as a listing anymore? - has your business closed down, or moved to a new location?

Thank you.