Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Help needed with place

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins - Hoping to get some help here.  I had a business location that is no longer there.  I went into my business manager and removed the location.  I then went to the location and made some edits so it can reflect the new person that has their business at the address.  I see there is now a mix of some old business attributes (pictures, etc) and the new business (phone number change, website change, etc).

Can someone make the entry so it reflects the new business owner?  We have a lingering review, so is it possible to move the review to our current location?

The old location that I removed from my dashboard and that I edited publicly to reflect the new business (the business name change is still pending review) -

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=podiatrist+clinton+twp&...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Help needed with place

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you list the full name, address, phone number, and address for both the new and the old business?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Help needed with place

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!  

They are really the same business it is just that we are no longer at the "Charter Twp of Clinton" location and only have the location in "Shelby Charter Township" now.  That is why the phone numbers are the same.  Please note that after I removed our old business/location from my dashboard I went in and publicly edited the phone number and website to reflect the new person/business that had moved in to our old location in "Charter Twp of Clinton".  
I also tried to edit the business name to the new person that is now in our old location but that is pending review.  What I am hoping is that we can merge the 1 review from our old business to our new business and then delete the old one entirely so the new person/business at our old location can take over the listing for their own purposes as we are not affiliated.

Old Business:

Dr. Stephanie Carollo Foot and Ankle Care
41570 Hayes Rd, Charter Twp of Clinton, MI 48038
586-298-1585

New Business:

Dr. Stephanie Carollo Foot and Ankle Care
48467 Van [censored], Shelby Charter Township, MI 48317
586-298-1585

Help needed with place

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry for the delay. I'm on maternity leave so I haven't been near a computer much lately. 

The listing on Google has a different phone number than what you provided. It has 586-884-7087.  Is that the phone # for the location that is now closed?

If you guys used to have 2 locations and now only have 1 (because the other closed down), what you need to do is update the one that is now closed on Google Maps so that it is marked permanently closed. I can do that for you if you can confirm that's the case here.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Help needed with place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joy - Congrats!  - The "586-884-7087" number is the new number for the new business that is now at the Hayes location.  It was changed publicly on the web in Google Maps.

The old number that was associated with the old business is still in use at the Shelby Township location and is "586-298-1585".  It is the same number at two different locations due to VoIP being in use.  We definitely still need "586-298-1585" to be used at the Shelby Township location which is now our only location.

Help needed with place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, we used to have 2 locations but now only have 1 (Shelby Township), and the old location (Clinton Township) is permanently closed.  There is a new business in there that will want to claim the address so they can have their own listing on Google Maps and do advertising.

Help needed with place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Joy - Is it possible to move over the review to the Shelby Township location before you mark the Clinton Township location as permanently closed?  It is the same Dr. and business at both locations so the review still applies.  Thanks.

Help needed with place

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I think I need to update the listing before closing it. This is the new business at the location right? http://drtptaylor.com

Owner of Sterling Sky

Re: Help needed with place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, thx.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harry C
January 2017

Help needed with place

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

You should be all set now. Google was also able to move the review!

Owner of Sterling Sky