AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Help With Receiving Improper Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I will like to know how do you remove false reviews from people who have never used your service? My business is my brand and I take pride in my business ethics in making sure that my company stands behind their product and service. This is very distasteful and unethical that it's so easy for people to be able to hinder your business in such a manner. 

Help With Receiving Improper Reviews

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can flag reviews if you think they're false, but you should know that Google usually doesn't remove them unless there's something very obviously offensive about them (Racist, excessive swearing, etc). Unless you want to get involved with a lawyer, your best bet is to leave a defusing, non-confrontational response (for the benefit of any potential new clients reading it, not so much for the review poster themselves) and do your best to build up more positive reviews to bury the negative one. If you don't have a good way already to ask clients to leave a review, there's a great tool for generating review links here

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.