2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Help Recovering Account Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I help local businesses gain access to their forgotten Google+ Page's. A lot of times I will have people tell me that they forgot the login username and password for the account that manages their Google+ Page. Many times third-party marketing companies will set up their Google+ page for them and never give them the ownership so they have no way to get into their page.

In these instances, which I come across daily, what would be the best way to gain access to their page? We have tried the account recovery (which usually you need to know either the username or password OR you need to be able to answer the security questions). Many times, since the business owner wasn't the one who set up the account, they don't know that information. I have also tried "requesting ownership" and trying to gain ownership of their page but a page has to be stale for at least 6 months (6 months of no activity) which many of these people have recent activity.

A year ago, I used to be able to contact Google My Business via phone and tell them the situation. They would then, simply, call the phone number associated with the Google+ Page, talk with the owner, get verbal verification and transfer ownership to the proper Google Account. This, then, required re-verification which the owner didn't mind because it meant that the ownership of the page was going to be under their account.

Unfortunately, this has changed drastically over the past year and there are many different hoops that people need to jump through now. I respect the safety aspect of it, though, Google is making it hard to gain ownership of a page so that these pages don't fall into the wrong hands. However, that also makes it really difficult for business owner to get into their page if they forgot the login information. There isn't even a number to call Google My Business representatives anymore.

What do you recommend? I am out of options and really need help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

At this stage, you can still request ownership transfer
. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671
Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly.
The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.

If the request is denied, then you do still need to contact Google Support, adding your support case id as part of your issue.  You can use Social Media or via this form.

On Social Media

https://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness/

Request a email/call back:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_other_problem

Please shout out here if this process doesn't work for you and I'll escalate the problem.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i need your help how can i recover my suspended Account?