AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Having trouble verifying my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just noticed that my business phone number and address are listed wrong on google (right hand side). This was not a problem previously. The phone number is wrong and the web address is wrong. Phone number is 610-433-4013 not 4014 and the web address is digitalfeast.com not digitalfest.com. I have no idea how this was changed. When I go to verify the business it asks to verify with an e-mail address but the e-mail is listed as info@digitalfest.com not digitalfeast.com so it cannot send me an e-mail to verify. I do not want to wait 1-2 weeks to fix this. Does anyone know what to do in this situation?? HELP! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Having trouble verifying my business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Phil,

I have submitted the changes to correct the website address and contact phone number. This should be accepted since the name remains intact and you have enough supporting pages (social media, website, etc.) with the correct info displayed. These changes should be complete in hours... or within a day or two. 

I would assume that since the listed was not verified, someone submitted the wrong changes and the system accepted them. Once the changes are live, you should be continue with the verification so that you are alerted to any submitted changes in the future. You can use this information to learn all about the verification process. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Re: Having trouble verifying my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James, this is still not updated. This is not cool that someone can actually do this with no verification whatsoever. We are likely losing business opportunities right now. The phone number is wrong, the website is dropping them to the wrong site. This is really frustrating. Is there any way to expedite this????