AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Have transferred ownership of two locations to my account but keep being told to request access

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an old and new google my business accounts that were made for us. I have managed to transfer ownership to my email but for some reason I can't seem to resolve the duplicate locations. I keep being told to request access from one of the accounts even though I am listed as the primary owner on both accounts now. I have waited the required 7 days for owner transfer, but nothing seems to have changed. 

I cannot seem to remove the older location listing from existence in favor of the newer location. And I can't re-request for verification of the new page. Both listings have the same address, 404 East Grace Street Richmond, VA 23219. 

I also cannot seem to find any information on the support site that describes this situation. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Have transferred ownership of two locations to my account but keep being told to request access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please include the following with your question (for the old and the new location):
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Helmut, 

New listing

TMI Consulting, Inc.

404 East Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219

804-225-5537

new google plus

Older Listing

TMI

404 East Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219

804-225-5537

old google plus

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

sorry @Milgo Y

But the "older one"

(aka https://plus.google.com/113614175216177802366/about) seems not being any local listing. It looks liek a brand page

The new listing looks a local listing (but not yet verified or suspended)

I don't believe you can transfer the ownership from a brand page to a local listing at all.

Can of course invite anyone to become a owner or manager (admin) for the locla listing.

But I doubt this is what you are looking for

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, 

Thanks for the quick response. I can't seem to re-verify the new account either. 

We received a postcard, entered the verification code and it now just has a red banner that says this is a duplicate location, learn more. Most of the solutions that are prescribed there are to transfer ownership, which I have done.

Is there a way to take the local listing and put it under the Brand page?