My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Have transferred ownership of two locations to my account but keep being told to request access

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an old and new google my business accounts that were made for us. I have managed to transfer ownership to my email but for some reason I can't seem to resolve the duplicate locations. I keep being told to request access from one of the accounts even though I am listed as the primary owner on both accounts now. I have waited the required 7 days for owner transfer, but nothing seems to have changed. 

I cannot seem to remove the older location listing from existence in favor of the newer location. And I can't re-request for verification of the new page. Both listings have the same address, 404 East Grace Street Richmond, VA 23219. 

I also cannot seem to find any information on the support site that describes this situation. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Have transferred ownership of two locations to my account but keep being told to request access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please include the following with your question (for the old and the new location):
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Helmut, 

New listing

TMI Consulting, Inc.

404 East Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219

804-225-5537

new google plus

Older Listing

TMI

404 East Grace Street, Richmond, VA 23219

804-225-5537

old google plus

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

sorry @Milgo Y

But the "older one"

(aka https://plus.google.com/113614175216177802366/about) seems not being any local listing. It looks liek a brand page

The new listing looks a local listing (but not yet verified or suspended)

I don't believe you can transfer the ownership from a brand page to a local listing at all.

Can of course invite anyone to become a owner or manager (admin) for the locla listing.

But I doubt this is what you are looking for

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, 

Thanks for the quick response. I can't seem to re-verify the new account either. 

We received a postcard, entered the verification code and it now just has a red banner that says this is a duplicate location, learn more. Most of the solutions that are prescribed there are to transfer ownership, which I have done.

Is there a way to take the local listing and put it under the Brand page?