2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

**HIJACKED LISTING**

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I had my listing hijacked again by the same person. The company is Wings 'N More - Austin, 1200 W. Howard Lane, Austin, TX and I have been running the listing for 8+ years, verified. I have the domain (http://wingsnmore-austin.com) and emails. It's been verified for 8+ years, but this person keeps hijacking the listing with their fake website (http://austinwingsnmore.com).

I could really use the help in releasing the listing so I can re-claim it, but more importantly, any suggestions on preventing this from continuously happening. I've spoken to support multiple times and was told as long as I hit reject they can't do it again. They recently tried to request ownership last week and I even called to ask support to block them and warn them of what they were doing, but ownership was still taken. I've requested for them to be blocked or flagged, but they said nothing can be done and this person can continue to try and request ownership and hijack my listing over and over again.

Google Listing: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wings+'N+More+-+Austin/@30.4239775,-97.6697478,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: **HIJACKED LISTING**

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Caleb S

What has gone wrong since we had the listing released and you were reinstated back ?

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/Hijacked-Listing-by-Beyond-Menu/m-p/11...

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim, thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate your help from last time. I was able to get the listing back last time, thanks to you, and fixed the website and other information. They started sending in requests again to take ownership after that though, like they did before. They requested ownership and somehow got a PIN sent to the restaurant. They then called and retrieved the PIN from the hostess.

I have let everyone in the restaurant know to not give out this information again without my approval, so that should prevent it from happening again. I rejected the ownership transfer request the same day I received it, but for some reason they were still able to request a PIN. I called support when they submitted the request and asked for them to be blocked and prevent from continuing to hijack the listing, but they said there is nothing they can do.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Caleb S

So the businesses gave them the PIN, not good.

I will escalate again.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

**HIJACKED LISTING**

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tim! Were you able to release the listing so I can gain it back?

**HIJACKED LISTING**

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It has to go to the Google team.

**HIJACKED LISTING**

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi tim, my name is louie, my restaurant listing got hijacked too. i been contacting google, but no body can do anything. can you please email me so i can tell you whats going on. im really lost now. my email is chinadragon2727@gmail.com. thank you

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @建云 丁

What is the name, address, tel number of the lsiting?

Even better if you can provide a Google Map link.

Also what part was hijacked.

1) Do they have ownership?

2) Have you requested ownership :

Request Ownership of a Google Business Listing

3) Did they change tel number or website address ? If so what are the correct details ?

**HIJACKED LISTING**

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Name: China Dragon Chinese Restaurant

2700 w pecan st. suite 600 Pflugerville tx 78660.

the guy from beyondmenu claims that he can help us to do some advertisement. my cashier believed him( i wasn't around ) and told him the verification code of my business. now he has the ownership. ive been requesting ownership for numerous time. every time he waited until an almost 7th day and then put me on communication manager. now the restaurant is under name of Gregory Chen, email aflore70120@gmail.com. he is not the owner. I am. I have all the documents. and if you called restaurant number now I can even speak to you. please help!! ive called beyondmenu numerous times and they been avoiding me to talk to Gregory Chen. if you guys can make the restaurant unverified I can prove to you that I'm the real owner.

**HIJACKED LISTING**

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

they also changed the website to the website that they created for us :chinadragontx.com. while my real website is chinadragon.us.   

they changed the website so when customer orders, beyond menu can charge commission on us.