My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

HELP! Out of Business place we took over still listed and Google has address wrong..

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

USA  Auto Glass

5000 Boulder Highway

Las Vegas, NV 89121

(702) 433-8010

https://plus.google.com/u/109496817488568089743  (How can I change my URL, way too long to advertise - I looked everywhere and YES my business got a postcard and is verified - still no way to create custom url)

---------------------------------------

Ok long story but google really has us messed up.  There used to be an OLD Glass company in the SAME building at the SAME spot as we are in now.  The address of THIS BUILDING per the USPS and City/County Plans have THIS building they (America Auto Glass) were in and us (USA Auto Glass) are NOW in as 5000 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV 89121 (On the Corner of Boulder Highway and Nellis Boulevard)

However a quick search for let's say "auto glass" brings up in google places A:  America Auto Glass  4978 Boulder Hwy (702) 399-0022

The phone number goes to a cell phone by someone new who never did auto glass and has no clue what that business name is.  The Picture shown right below this text is of the current Google Places with a search of Auto Glass.  They are listed first... the OLD America Auto Glass company and shows them in the LEFT building: (Spoiler Alert, it's the same building we are in now and the address is NOT 4978)  We are listed second and are the ones who took over After the company listed in "A" went out of business.

See the big sign on top of what is now our building... it shows America Auto glass on the left building of the google streets pic.  The empty, old abandoned blue and white building on the right was empty for years, and is now demolished and there is a vacant lot where that building was.  Yes the google streets image was taken THAT long ago.  Even back when this google streets pic seen in my screenshot below was taken (the one used for Company A - America Auto Glass - their picture as seen on google places below) you can tell the building on the right is already abandoned and out of business.  That place was never even related to America Auto glass and was an old tire shop way back when.

Old America Auto Glass when they were in business - blue building with blue stripe and white was an old, closed down tire shop that even then was not in business,.  We are in the left building now and are NOT America Auto Glass and the correct address is 5000 Boulder Highway NOT the one Google shows for America Auto Glass

BELOW:  ZOOMED IN GOOGLE PLACES SCREENSHOT TO SHOW THEIR NAME ON OUR BUILDING WHICH GOOGLE HAS LISTED AS 4978 BOULDER HIGHWAY WHEN IT IS REALLY 5000 BOULDER HIGHWAY AND IS NOW US, USA AUTO GLASS.

13086802_1603308629995760_784958934189776728_o[1].jpg

Fast Forward to 4-1-2015 - when google last updated the pic on street view of this building we now occupy.  See how America Auto Glass name and sign on windows and on top of building is missing from where it once was in the pic above.  That's because they went out of business.  We have since bought this building (the one on the top pic, the left building) and as you can see the other 2nd building to the right of us has been demolished and is just as dirt lot next to us now.  

MY ISSUE IS 2 fold. 1.  America Auto Glass is out of business and we have no way to contact the old owners to login to their old account and delete them off google.  They still show in search results IDK why as well as Google Maps.  Their website was prepaid for a few years so is up but call the number it goes to some guy's cell who just got the number a few months ago.  Plus WE occupy this building now.  So I need THEM REMOVED and as you can see we are listed right under them.  I am great at SEO so I got us listed good but people always call them 1st as they are on top and assume this is them and think we are out of business.

2nd issue.  Google had America Auto Glass listed as 4978 but the CORRECT address is 5000.  Check their own website still up as it was prepaid for several years:  http://www.americaautoglass-lv.com/contact-us.html - listed on their own website as 5000

WHY are they listed in google places and google maps as 4978?  Makes it even harder to remove them as google sees them as a 2nd business not as the same business as us and the same building we now occupy?  UGH!  HELP!!!!!

Old Image over a year old (but the most recent available) on google maps of the OLD business when it was already closed - and shows them in the same building we now occupy

Pics of Building now with OUR name on the windows, in some cases you can see the burnt in old letters from the stickers that had their name on it.  When they closed they removed most of their stickers and we since put ours on (you cannot really see the old residue from their name at the street only up close)

See the burnt in AMERICA in the background?  It is not seen well fron street.  Just up close.  Our name is USA Auto Glass - America Auto Glass went out of business early last year!!!

Front window with OUR name, OUR electronic sign with USA reading on it in this pic, OUR banner and a fresh paint job we did.  Red and white :)

ANY help how to fix this would be appreciated!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: HELP! Out of Business place we took over still listed and Google has address wrong..

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lee

Q1 - custom URL - https://support.google.com/business/answer/6068603. Google will offer the custom URL when and if the listing meets a set of criteria, not all of which is listed. Primarily, the criteria is summed up as "when the account is in good standing".

Doing a search for the two businesses shows Google does seem to have a bit of an identity issue with both the previous biz (America Auto Glass), as well as "A US AutoGlass".

Particularly because the AAG biz is a different address in the Google lisitng, I recommend you mark the business as closed in Google maps, https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/America+Auto+Glass/@36.1128254,-115.0651788,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1...

As best you can, you'll also want to clean up the citations from the old biz. Citations serve as supporting evidence your biz really exists, and is one of the many factors Google uses in determining how "real" and how "trustworthy" a business listing is.

This will take some research, emailing the sites, and patience. In some instances you might be able to claim the old listing and update it with your details, in other instances you won't want to. Superpages listing, for example, has 7 anonymous 5-star reviews all left on the same day. That's a listing probably not worth keeping, unless Superpages are willing to take those reviews down as they are clearly suss.

As you're doing the cleanup, look for opportunities to list your business. Remember to go for quality sites over quantity. With citations, it's not so much a case of "more is better", rather "more trustworthy is better".

With the listing for "A US Autoglass", if I've done my research right, Google has mis-information about them too. Consider suggesting an edit for that listing via Google maps as well. If you know the people that own it and are on good terms, perhaps let them know to claim their listing and correct the details that might not be quite right (eg the name).

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: HELP! Out of Business place we took over still listed and Google has address wrong..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't care about A US. They are another of our locations will work on that later (We are BOTH USA Auto Glass) Aus was the old business at 2nd location, but that one is in a less well known area and is harder to find - not worried about it.

This one I posted here is in a high traffic area and we need fixed asap. Forget about A US now and focus on USA Auto Glass (the new listing I made as you can see on my initial post our G+ page is rather new very few posts) That is the correct listing. 5000 Boulder Highway. USA Auto Glass. The America Auto Glass on 4978 Boulder Highway was us, before we opened. It was this same building but another company that was here before us and went bankrupt - hence we bought out the buiilding from a real estate company and moved in and set upo shop.

I really don't care about the incorrect address because if they are totally removed as a closed business not in operation for over 1.5 years now, the incorrect address will go away with their listing. I don't want or need their account. I would just rather it get deleted and ours be the only one on google, with the correct address of 5000 not 4978.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lee G
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lee

To mark the business as closed, go to google maps, pull up the business you want to close, and suggest an edit. You can use the link I provided above.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

HELP! Out of Business place we took over still listed and Google has address wrong..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same problem here in the UK. Yes you can mark the old business as closed, but the address still stays there ! I'm trying to find a way to remove our address from an old business no longer operating from Our address. I'm fed up with customers for them turning up wasting my time.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@N J D
Please start your own thread with a description of your issue plus the business details (name, address, home, website). This helps keep conversations and the forum better organised. 

When you do repost, please include the relevant business details so we can research and make suggestions based on what we find.

Find me on · · my blog