Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Grøndals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google community 

I own a import company with a distribution of sustainable tuna.

When I joined Google My Business I discovered a conflict of names with another business that shows when typing my business name - details:

My business is named 'Grøndals' and to find My Google Business I have to add 'tun (tuna) to my company named eventough 'tun' isn't a part of my name. It looks like this; 

Skærmbillede 2017-07-31 kl. 11.11.38.png

When I only type 'Grøndals' the Business of 'Grøndal Multicenter' shows;

Skærmbillede 2017-07-31 kl. 11.14.41.png

I find it strange and I can't find a solution to this issue. I hope someone in the community can help me?

Best regards,

Martin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Grøndals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

there are few bad points to mention @Martin G

At first: from your website it seems you are an online business and you don't serve in person your customers "in person" at the mentioned address.

If you don't have a store front at this  address and this is open 24 hours a day  you are not eligible at all for a listingand hence worth to get suspended from GoogleMyBusiness

secondly:

the listing comes up as "Grøndals" in the Danish Userinter face only:

https://goo.gl/maps/v5b58kaYNaG2

Using any other Userinterface like hl=en or hl=de or hl= fr you show up as "Grøndals - good taste and good conscience Grøndals" what clearly is an other reason to suspend you due to violating the naming rules:

https://goo.gl/maps/dMxV2ESwQSK2

Re: Grøndals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut

Thank you for your answers. 

It is tru that I run a online business however was I advised from the Google Partner 'Succes Online' advised to create a Google My Business - are you saying that online businesses isn't allowed to have a Google My Business? 

Secondly I changed my name from 'Grøndals - good taste..' to just 'Grøndals' and I am not sure I fully understand your point about  userinterface and hl=en or hl=de or hl= fr - I'd be happy if you would elaborate on it. 

Also do you know if I can contact Google to apologies for the mistakes and remedy them.

Thanks again Helmut I appreciate your help!