AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Grøndals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google community 

I own a import company with a distribution of sustainable tuna.

When I joined Google My Business I discovered a conflict of names with another business that shows when typing my business name - details:

My business is named 'Grøndals' and to find My Google Business I have to add 'tun (tuna) to my company named eventough 'tun' isn't a part of my name. It looks like this; 

Skærmbillede 2017-07-31 kl. 11.11.38.png

When I only type 'Grøndals' the Business of 'Grøndal Multicenter' shows;

Skærmbillede 2017-07-31 kl. 11.14.41.png

I find it strange and I can't find a solution to this issue. I hope someone in the community can help me?

Best regards,

Martin

1 Expert replyverified_user

Grøndals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

there are few bad points to mention @Martin G

At first: from your website it seems you are an online business and you don't serve in person your customers "in person" at the mentioned address.

If you don't have a store front at this  address and this is open 24 hours a day  you are not eligible at all for a listingand hence worth to get suspended from GoogleMyBusiness

secondly:

the listing comes up as "Grøndals" in the Danish Userinter face only:

https://goo.gl/maps/v5b58kaYNaG2

Using any other Userinterface like hl=en or hl=de or hl= fr you show up as "Grøndals - good taste and good conscience Grøndals" what clearly is an other reason to suspend you due to violating the naming rules:

https://goo.gl/maps/dMxV2ESwQSK2

Re: Grøndals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut

Thank you for your answers. 

It is tru that I run a online business however was I advised from the Google Partner 'Succes Online' advised to create a Google My Business - are you saying that online businesses isn't allowed to have a Google My Business? 

Secondly I changed my name from 'Grøndals - good taste..' to just 'Grøndals' and I am not sure I fully understand your point about  userinterface and hl=en or hl=de or hl= fr - I'd be happy if you would elaborate on it. 

Also do you know if I can contact Google to apologies for the mistakes and remedy them.

Thanks again Helmut I appreciate your help!