AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google+ verified page - someone else using my trading name on another Google+ page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I have Google+ verified page as Floor Sanding Kent, ang verified on local maps and Google my business, discovered another company has Google+ page as Floor Sanding Kent. Been on phone with screen share to Google two hours today they were not helpful as other page is a brand page! even though im verified they can use my trading name! So I may as well set up a Google + page for Google Faversham see how long it takes for them to remove it. They were very unhelpful and had no idea what i could do. 

My page: https://plus.google.com/102461537335731847377

Other Page using my trading name https://plus.google.com/116933969197351630282

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google+ verified page - someone else using my trading name on another Google+ page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
are yo sure nobody else of oyur company and using any other account as for the verifies local listing https://plus.google.com/102461537335731847377 did create the brand page?

But despite of considering the support being helpful or not:
They are indeed not able to help you much about a brand page.

There are now IMHO just two (weak) options for you:

1# You can report the brand page to Google for "impersonating" your business
2# you can hire a laywer agaist the owner of the brandpage for using "Floor Sanding Kent" in case this is a protected /registered trademark"

Re: Google+ verified page - someone else using my trading name on another Google+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks have reported brand page for Impersonating, facebook removed theirs immediately be interested to see what Google do, not a lot I expect from past experiences.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Google+ user,
We have reviewed your impersonation claim and have determined that we cannot take action on the profile or page that you reported.
This could be for one of the following reasons:
• The profile or page that you reported does not qualify for impersonation
• The profile or page that you reported is already disabled
• The page you are reporting is an unclaimed Local listing. Learn more
• The profile or page that you reported does not represent an individual, business, or brand
If you want to report content on Google+, such as a post, collection, or community, navigate to that content on Google+ and select the option to report abuse.
Sincerely,
The Google+ Support Team