AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google my business Website recovery after removing location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings everybody,

I would like to request for assistance in retrieving my website: http://alamewa.business.site.  Due to a mistake in post codes, I have removed the previous location and inserted a new one assuming that the website would be transferred over to the new location but I have lost access.

I have attempted to contact Google my business for 3 days and finally received a call from someone in the tech support department called Katrina.

A phone call a day for 3 days led to:

(i) 1st day: a complete refusal to understand what I was trying to explain rather she was insisting that verifying the pin code being keyed in will grant me access to the web site.  She explained that I should email her and I discover instead that I am unable to do so I am puzzled by what she is trying to do.

(ii) 2nd day: It finally dawned on her what I meant only after using google hangout to share screens in which she finally understood the website is attached to the previous location with a different post code and that I truly had no access to even key in said PIN Code.  She verified the location in an attempt to disprove what I had mentioned but most unfortunately, it didn't work in the manner as she described and I told her to unverify it as I am only interested in my access to alamewa.business.site rather than getting my business verified without the pin code.

(iii) 3rd day: a phone call from her stating that she cannot assist in any manner after finally understanding what is going on and telling me that another solution is a 3rd party provider.  I explained to her that I want to retain my business name on the same domain (business.site) but she chose to be ignorant while proceeding to yammer on.

P.s I am posting in these forums as a last resort to get assistance from people who really know what they are doing on the GMB team.  I would truly appreciate your help as I only want to retain http://alamewa.business.site despite how Katrina has worded it: "it's free so you can't have it back; I'm sorry".

Regards,

Jin

1. Alamewa sdn bhd

2. Mile 18, Kampung Bakut, 89200 Jalan Tuaran, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

3. +6088-793 526

4. N/A

5. N/A

Attached is what I see when I log into my dashboard:

1.jpgWhat I see from within my dashboard

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google my business Website recovery after removing location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alamewa S

Thank you for your time helping me diagnose this earlier today. 

Will escalate this to Google to see if we can get the listings and sites tied back together and merged.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Alamewa S

Google have confirmed they're investigating this on a few fronts. If there's anything else you can think of that might help, feel free to post. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OH dear... I just did exactly the same thing. Help. Please.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Alamewa S

Hi Jin - I received a response from Google overnight that I personally consider unacceptable. Have pushed back on this. Don't know that I'll have any luck but I am putting up a fight for you.

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MargaretO

Err... let me guess... "it's free so you can't have it back, I'm sorry"?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Landie D

Oh dear....

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps URL to the biz
5. Google Website address

Won't make any promises, but will certainly have a shot at it for you.

Find me on · · my blog