AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google my Business Support - unhelpful and useless

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently found out  that a verified Google Maps listing which was in my account was hijacked by someone else.  I contacted Google My Business support asking to take back ownership, stating that I can provide documentation proving legal ownership,  I provided storefront photos and requested re-verification using telephone/postcard.

Inspite of all that the customer service agent (Indian, judging by the name) is refusing everything and is asking me to talk to the hijacker (who of course I do not know who it is).  

I don't know if it's Google's policy that's the issue or the customer service agent, but in any case, the support offered is useless and there is no legal details available if we wanted to take Google to court to legally pursue the matter.

1. Full business name : La Veranda Resort Phu Quoc
2. Current business address : Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong Beach, Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam 
3. Current telephone number : +84 (0)297 3982 988 
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/H%C3%B4tel+La+V%C3%A9randa+Resort+Phu+Quoc+-+MGallery+Collection...
5. Website (if applicable) : laverandaresorts.com