3.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google maps links me to a different company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, this is Dave from Aabbitt 24 hour Locksmith Service in Chicago. Since 1999. our website is chicagoarealocksmith.com Here is my issue, when i search my business on google maps it links me to Aabbitt adhesives in Chicago. this is not correct. We are not affiliated with them in any way, This error is causing my google business page to be disabled. I contacted google support and they had us send them copies via. e-mail, of our business license and supporting address verification documents. Then was informed that i needed to contact google maps to make the correction, so i did several times and went through all the recommended correction techniques from them with no success. Then after a couple of months someone from google maps called us and said they were calling to verify our company. We have waited for the correction to be made and it never was. Can you please advise me on how to resolve this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dave P  (thanks @dave p for the heads up)

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

U got the wrong Dave mate

Re: Google maps links me to a different company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, on the last post my Google plus link was incorrect please try this one below. Thank you. 1. A-Aabbitt 24 Hour Locksmith Service  2. 5618 N. Artesian Ave. Garden suite. Chicago, Illinois. 60659  3. 312-719-8200  4.https://plus.google.com/101606657032203530479

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Dave P

have you filed an appeal already?

If so how often  and at what date (mm/dd/yyyy)?

I need a business license for exact the name of your suspenede business "A-Aabbitt 24 Hour Locksmith Service

This business license MUST show the above name and the address you specified in oyur dashboard from where you run the business (aka " 5618 N. Artesian Ave. Garden suite. Chicago, Illinois. 60659")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, Helmut Geissler. Thank you for your help, i did not file an appeal Google support advised that i fix my incorrect Google maps listing. they said i have a duplicate listing and i explained that the listing that comes up on maps is not me. i am a 24 hour mobile locksmith service. The state of Illinois requires that i have a state issued locksmith license and one million dollars of liability insurance. I have a home office in the Chicago suburbs at 4212 Elm ave Brookfield Illinois 60513 for the last 20 years and my most recent Office in the city of Chicago is 5618 N Artesian Ave Chicago Illinois 60659 for the last seven years. i have enclosed a copy of my business license and insurance. i am also sending over a copy of my Google places post card sent to me in 2011 that i tried to finalize and was told there will be a extended wait period to finish my Google places because of so many inaccurate locksmith listings. which i am Not a part of. i run a honest company and have a good reputation. when i set up my Google business page i made it clear that i do not have a store front location and that i am a service that works at my customers locations. i appreciate your time and help! 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I can't see any attachment unfortunately

But to help you further I recommend following the steps in here

And please read:

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello. Helmut. Thanks Again here are the attachments 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Dave P

there are no attachments visible for me - please refer to my above hints

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Scan0004.jpgScan0005.jpgScan0006.jpgScan0007.jpgScan0008.jpgScan0009.jpgScan0010.jpgScan0011.jpgScan0012.jpgScan0013.jpg