6.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google listing hijacked by Beyondmenu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, my name is Kai Chen. My restaurant has the same issue like the one in TC'S post. Beyond menu pretend to be google  and got the pin from us to verify our google listing. Recently,  I just found out they have our google business listing. I requested  the ownership using the instruction from google help, and got reject by them. I called the company almost everyday since last week. Sometime, they said google has the ownership of my business listing, sometime they said they are working on that issue. It's clear that they lied to me. And now, they do not return my calls at all. PLEASE HELP!  I can provide all the information you need to prove that i am the owner of the business. And thank you for Joy's advice in the other post. However, i tried my best to contact all the google  departments relating to my problems. And none of them works. They did not quick understand my issue, even after i spent more than half hours to explain to them. They just ask me to call the listing owner. I was hopeless, then i found Tc post in here, i finally see some hope. I am just a small business owner, i have to work everyday. I really don't time to deal with them about this everyday.

Here is the business information: 

I TEA

https://www.google.com/maps/place/I+Tea/@39.9630016,-75.1663513,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c6c7...

1537 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130

www.iteapa.com

Thanks!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can any one please help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have to check my listing everyday, somtime they change the information. I have to change it back. I already cancelled my service with them. Why they want to do stupid things to hurt my business? Why google always say they can not do anything!!!

Re: Google listing hijacked by Beyondmenu

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Kai C

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. I will pass this along to try to get your more help.

Just to confirm... you do not have control of the listing but iteapa.com is the correct website for your business, correct?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes it is the correct website. Thank you so much for your help.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi @Kai C

It looks like the last time you requested ownership was before our new process was rolled out. Learn more about that process here

I'd try to request access now because if you get denied, you can appeal by going through the verification process. Since you'll receive the PIN and not the other user, you will get ownership of the page upon verifying. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks!
Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marissa, there is a problem right now. Last time i call the google customer care team. I told  them the Beyondmenu only willing to add me as a manager for my google business listing. And one of the lady from google customer care team ask me to accept the invitation. She told me after 24 hours i will become the owner automatically. Now i realize she did not fully understand me. Now, i am the manager of the listing. When i go to the request page, it says "This business is already in your account"   Should i remove myself from my listing? So i can go try the new process? I am afraid if i remove my self from the lisitng, i will not be able to correct the information on my listing in time. Is there any other ways? This guy"founder or manager" from Beyondmenu start calling me these few days asking to go back to their service. I was little afraid if reject them, they will remove me from my listing. So i told him i need to talk to my wife about it, she is the one making the decision.  I feel sad about that. I really need to have my listing back soon. Thank you for your help. I will try anything you tell to do, you seem very reliable. Lol, thank you again. 

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi @Kai C

Thanks for sharing that additional information. Do you have any emails from them where they are trying to get you to go back to their service? Could you share a picture of the communication that you've had with them? 

I think the issue with the new process is that they would accept you as a Manager (which would put you back in this position). If I get some documentation that they are holding your page hostage, I'll be better equipped to escalate your issue to the team. 

Thanks!

Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marissa,  

I do not have any email about the new service, the manager called me from his cellphone. However, I do have the email about close the service with them. Do you need that?

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

That would be helpful, I'll reach out through email. Thanks so much!