AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Support refusing to allow two businesses at same location even though verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help me reach someone at Google who will listen. I have been on chat with support in another country and they will not listen. They seem to be interpreting the policies incorrectly and won't escalate or listen. 

I have two DBA at the same location.  A martial arts school and a yoga school. I have two webpages.  I have two google my business listings both verified.  I have spent thousands on adwords.

Recently I changed part of the name for the martial arts school. This confused the system which created a new listing and stopped showing the correct listing.  The first level of support can't fix it and won't help me because there are two businesses at the same location.

They pointed to language that says you can't have two listings for the same business. They would not point to any language that supports their interpretation. They insist that I must show them photographic proof of two separate doors with signage for the two businesses. This is an old building and things just don't work that way. The two businesses share the space.  

Two business at same location in older building

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have two separate businesses in an older building.  They are both fitness related.  One is Yoga and one is martial arts. They have separate membership fees. They have separate websites and email addresses. Neither has published phone numbers because in this industry there's no time for that when you have smaller dojos and studios. They share the space.   There are two rooms but only one room has a door. The other space opens from the landing. They share a main entrance.  They share a bathroom and dressing rooms. Both businesses have been verified previously. believe this should fall within shared office space:

https://moz.com/blog/are-coworking-offices-eligible-for-google-my-business-listings

Google has turned off the older business listing and left up the newer business. Support is insisting that the two businesses can't be at the same address and that only doctors or lawyers can share space.  Another time I was told I'd need to prove that they have separate suites with separate doors.  It's just not that kind of space.  To complicate things more there are two more businesses that are not associated with myself that have the same address.  They have separate entries but there are no suite numbers. It's an old building and the city has simply not assigned suite numbers.  I've called the post office and there is no way to get those assigned.  

Other discussions have stated that this should be ok, such as a horse boarding facility that has multiple trainer businesses located there, but I can't get anyone at Google to communicate with me about this.  

Google said they'd call me back but have not.  Can anyone help me please?

Two businesses in same historical building

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have two separate businesses in an older building.  They are both fitness related.  One is Yoga and one is martial arts. They have separate membership fees. They have separate websites and email addresses. Neither has published phone numbers because in this industry there's no time for that when you have smaller dojos and studios. They share the space.   There are two rooms but only one room has a door. The other space opens from the landing. They share a main entrance.  They share a bathroom and dressing rooms. Both businesses have been verified previously. believe this should fall within shared office space:

https://moz.com/blog/are-coworking-offices-eligible-for-google-my-business-listings

Google has turned off the older business listing and left up the newer business. Support is insisting that the two businesses can't be at the same address and that only doctors or lawyers can share space.  Another time I was told I'd need to prove that they have separate suites with separate doors.  It's just not that kind of space.  To complicate things more there are two more businesses that are not associated with myself that have the same address.  They have separate entries but there are no suite numbers. It's an old building and the city has simply not assigned suite numbers.  I've called the post office and there is no way to get those assigned.  

Other discussions have stated that this should be ok, such as a horse boarding facility that has multiple trainer businesses located there, but I can't get anyone at Google to communicate with me about this.  

Google said they'd call me back but have not.  Can anyone help me please?

Google Support refusing to allow two businesses at same location even though verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not get a call back but I sent an email.  I received an email back that my listings had been approved and were once again live.  I never received an official statement of what the problem was. Rather I was told to review the policies guide and figure it out.  I suggest email for these matters.