5.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

we are having this exact problem! we recently invested millions in a twice defunct restaurant here in new orleans that is an historic icon. we have followed all guidelines given by a google rep: New Name: The New Feelings Marigny Cafe, Bar & Courtyard Lounge (old name: Feelings Cafe D'Aunoy), new phone number established along with the old phone number, we have even provided a proof of sale of both the real estate and contents. We have invested millions in rebranding, renovating and refurbishing, yet reviews from 2-3 years ago still pop up and reflect us as a very bad vegan restaurant!! this is hurting our business and unfairly drags down our total rating number. These reviews belong to Feelings Cafe D'Aunoy and in no way reflect what we have done. This is legally and morally wrong on all accounts!!! How do we finally address this issue once and for all?? ( we have a totally new website, new yelp listing, tripadvisor, etc, new google business listing, we have done everything we were told, and yet those old reviews are still there!!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Reviews

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi New Feelings,

I understand your frustration. this will probably take some manual intervention, as by default reviews stay with the physical location, regardless of the owner.

Can't guarantee anything but will escalate this to Google for you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi New Feelings
Have had a response back from Google. 

While they understand your situation, the policy is to keep reviews with physical locations regardless of who the owner is.  Only reviews that are in violation of the stated guidelines will be removed.

Keep responding to reviews, keep encouraging reviews is the best advice on offer.  

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog