AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business keeps deleting our URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

St Mary's Church, Denham

www.denhamparish.church

We have submitted our URL to be displayed with our listing on Google several times now, only to be notified a while later "Recent Updates have been made to your listing" and the previous URL has been changed to "No Value".

Can anyone shed any light on this?

(Not sure whether the location "Ownership Conflicts" I filed this under is correct, but there didn't seem to be a more appropriate one.)

Kind regards,

Christoph Lindner,

Rector, St Mary's Church

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christoph L

Actually the listing of oyur church St Mary's Church, Denham shows the  website properly  as https://www.denhamparish.church/

How often do  you  observe a change?

________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Google My Business keeps deleting our URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Helmut

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. When I checked today it showed "Add website" and had deleted our URL as I feared when I got the email from Google. Any idea what's going on?

I'd rather not play this constant [censored]-for-tat, trying to re-instate it.

I am attaching a screenshot of the current view of our listing.

Best wishes,

Christoph

screenshot_20.jpg

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm still missing  an answer to my  above question:"How often do  you  observe a change (regarding  the website URL)?"

Once  I have this information I  willl not hesitate to escalate  the issue after  my tomorrows breakfast.

(now going to sleep)  

PS: 

Its  ok for me to leave the listing in an  inupdated status regarding  the website for the time of Googles investigation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Helmut,
I get this message on average every two months I would say. Thanks so much for looking into it.
Best wishes, Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

As I haven't heard back from you I just wanted to bring you up to date: The URL DID disappear again when I checked recently. I have resubmitted it and received an email that as a verified owner my change would be made quickly. So, maybe this time it will stick as I didn't receive the 'verified owner' information in the past. 

Thank you again for looking into this.

Best wishes,

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has there been a resolution to your issue. I’m experiencing the same situation although it has only occurred once. I re-verified by correcting a TXT extension on my DNS. I’m not sure how the txt extension changed but it was wrong.  That being said I am on day two of re-listing of my url on my google biz page. Also, I am no longer visible on a google search list, I hope this is all related and will be corrected when google Re-lists my url. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I don't think there was an update to @Christoph L question b/c Helmut wasn't tagged...sooo, @Helmut Geissler - maybe you can take a look at this and give a status update when you get a chance? 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Nathan D is right  

I missed indeed all  replies of  @Christoph L and / or @Chad H so far and morebad :

Istillget the listing  with  thecorrect  websit.

Once it disappeared next time again please don't touch  the  dashbard and don't   to re-add the  website.

I will in this status escalate this as an  issue to Google.

Now  learn how  to tag me properly:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Nathan D, @Helmut Geissler. I’ve been awaiting for notification from google regarding my pending updates. On the my business app it says still pending. When I lock on to my business on the CPU it looks like it has been rejected. At the moment I’ll wait, while I update my be site structure, content and SEO.  If anyone has any suggestion your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.